some sort of cheat

Cruis.In

hey are there any cheats, programs debug mode, anyway to get quick bucks. I lost an entire game with millions of bucks right as I was going to destroy the galaxy with my ship. I can't do over all that cumbersome training, please there must be a way!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(a) Training, as in training up your crew, or training as in the training mission? If it was just the training mission, you probably want a fresh ROAM scenario anyway.

(B) millions of bucks only takes 1 day with 4 mining drones deployed

© You probably need much more than one ship to destroy the galaxy

and finally, (d) why would any retail game knowingly ship with debug symbols and make this information available to everyone (including competitors)?

All the cheats that exists are published in the manuals.

Save periodically - I usually do so about every 3 hours or before trying something stupid.

And the real *@#! irony of it all is that I just deleted my save game and have to start over as well, from scratch. (SC: the delete interface isn't intuitive - it allows you to highlight a specific save game, pops confirmation, then blows everything away. Suggest rewording the confirmation message to "All saves for this player will be deleted! Type 'I DONT WANNA BE A NOOB' to continue" *groan*)

Oh well, it's okay, because as I've said --

quote:

(
B)
millions of bucks only takes 1 day with 4 mining drones

I'm starting over tomorrow. I feel like I've erased my entire weekend, but I guess it's not all bad. It will at least solve one major glitch: Resnig's AI was higher than the rest of the command staff and THAT is a bad situation!

thats what happened to me. I wanted to delete a single save slot. and it deleted all. heh...

so 4 mining drones gets you how much millions???

because I'm talking I want like 200 million

If it gets me 20 million fine i can start with that, because trading up will be quicker instead of starting with 1 mil from spare parts.

how many real time hours for a mining drone to fill.

I really wish these later ones had time compression.

and I don't need more than one ship to destroy the galaxy. I just need a lot of time.

Mining is just something to do when you are alseep or trading. Just find a good trading run and you can get about 400 million in a few hours or at most a day if ya know how to trade. Might do a trading search on the fourm there are some detailed trading runs that are realy good.

Yea I deleted a game like that to and I was a Stregtic cmdr

I deploy mines any time. I've got orbital deployment down now... so I can just send my shuttles out while I get to calmly hunting enemy ships in the local area. Then go off for five hours ignoring them. I just have to set up a point so I know where to find them... I wish they'd show up on global view of TACOPS. It can be a pain trying to track them down... luckly by shifting the plane in a closer zoom you can find them, then zero in and zoom out so you can set up waypoints.

Oh I can find them. Just took me a minute to figure it out. That and for some reason whatever mission zone I've been in sticks... as in I can be in Antarctica, and a mission zone I blew to smitherines a few days ago, will be seen on tacops as '3000 km away' as an example. I guess I just remember where I've been. At least I won't get lost on a road trip!

I get the impression that you missed my point. If you can't find your drones within 5 seconds after you pressed alt+s and "observe" (asuming your pc cooperates), then it is time to use the forum's search function. Wink as in: "this is a tip" (try "finding drones" as search criteria)

firstly you should set a way point for your shuttle near the dones. so it enters the earth in that area. secondly if you go it urself in the shuttle then same goes for the way point and when you get there so you can see your drones, there's this little thing called support unit locator to the left of the middle vdu. or you can click on the gnd button to see units on the ground, being that you entered near them using the way point you should see them.

*blink blink*

Okaaaaay... I already know how to do all that, but thanks anyway. I was thinking more along the lines of deploying them on a planet, then forgetting where the hell I deployed them, and relocating them from orbit VIA tacops... which I had ALSO figured out. (Before I even posted, which was when I wrote the part about simply shifting the tacops viewing plane to look around for them.) IT would just be easier to see where on the planet they are if they appeared on the global map like the CC would on Tacops when you go into planetfall. But we can't have everything.

quote:

simply shifting the tacops viewing plane to look around for them

???

Well, you lost me there. You say you figured it out but I'm missing a certain word in your explanation which tells me you probably haven't figured it out yet.

Did you use the search-engine with the words I gave you? (you would find 2 of the 5 matches very interresting)

I understand what your getting at Tigerclaw ( I did a when you first mentioned it ) locating SUL's on the TACSCAN is easy peasy .

But its finding them in TacOps when you come back for them after doing some fighting and various other jobs, its hard to remember where you put them exactly on the huge planet, because you have been so pre-occupied with other things.

Tigerclaw have you tried putting a waypoint for a craft your not currently using into a the region where you left your drones, and then when your setting the waypoints for the shuttles zoom in on the waypoint for that craft and bingo your smack bang where you left the drones.

If you already do that also, I apologise, im sure that baseball bat smilie should be appropriate.

Hope thats useful to you.

What the heck are you folks arguing about? If you have ANY support units on the planet - regardless of WHERE they are, the support units menu filter in Tacops, will locate them. And THATS why I put that filter there.

Apart from that, given the size of the planets, if you're going to drop a drone and not keep track of where it is, thats incompetence, pure and simple.

you can just click on the zoom menu tiger claw, and click zoom to, support units, any drones on the planet will be listed, you don't have to look for them on the tacops map presented when you first observe earth. then when you zoom to use pagedn to zoom out and place your way point, it only zooms out to a certain distance so your waypoint is still 'LOCAL'

To Dreadx: Shift the viewing plane, I zoom in, then use the mouse to drag the camera angle around, then I spot the drones, and click to zoom.

To SC: You don't have to be incompetent to forget where the hell you landed the drones on a planet that has over a million mapped square kilometers. Not after five hours. And by chance you do, clicking on a spot will not always zoom to the correct area...But that point's moot, and niether here nor there. Don't call it incompetance until I CAN'T find the drones at all.

To Cruis: That info was usefull, except I found the alternate way to do it. The zoom menu I have pretty much ignored. (I'm visual spatial, I click images and maps before I hunt through menus.)

Tigerclaw, SC and Cruis have given you the answer I was hinting at.

If you want to do something the hard way, that's your choice.

I do fully understand what method you used, I just didn't understand why you said: "Okaaaaay... I already know how to do all that, but thanks anyway",

and subsequently still don't use the words "Tacops-zoom" and "support units" when finding your drones.

That is all.

It really doesn't matter to me. Easy way, hard way. They're both easy. And the difference between ten seconds and two seconds doesn't really mean anything to me with mining drones. Funny thing is... I keep saying 'I can already do that, I'm just daydreaming...' yet I keep getting 'told' how to do it. I still need to address a drone loss problem with one of my games... When a drone at a range of 70 k suddenly reads as R -1.5... that's a bad thing right? I've even saved the screen shot. A second later it dissappears. Now THAT is an addressed issue. If I remember correctly, that was addressed, and according to the VCF, SC fixed it by implementing a warp. I'm gonna go post hunting now.

"HEYYEAH! I'M THE ONE THAT YOU WANTED!!! HEYYEAH!!! I'M THE SUPERBEAST!!!!"

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

It really doesn't matter to me. Easy way, hard way. They're both easy. And the difference between ten seconds and two seconds doesn't really mean anything to me with mining drones.

That may be the case, but this is not about YOU, is it?

ALL ME BABY!!!

*My ego procedes to grow to godzilla sized proportions and stomp around Tokyo...*

But seriously, they were addressing me.

Now back to business... I'm hunting down this appearant mine drone problem VIA search but no beans. I believe I posted a detailed thread about the drones... but since that got obliterated with tbe RANDOM weapon, either the problem was fixed (After the warping fix from 2.0.0.11)...was deemed unimportant. Or you just didn't like the fact that I thought the problem coming back again after the first fix and decided it wasn't a good enough reason to create a new thread. (And after seeing the thread vanish, I decided to NOT bring it back... as I would most likely have a stormcarrier dropped on me for the trouble.)

Only trying to help, don't smite me!

*Builds a Supreme Commander Shrine*