Screen jumps up and down when walking on CC

Cougar_DK

quote:

Originally posted by Cougar_DK:

Hi when I leave my CC with the ALT+e, flies to it and land on a flat surface by using the "z" key my screen starts to jump up and down. Making it very hard to walk around on my craft.

Btw I'm using version 2.00.13.

Could the fault be on my end?

Cheers

Mark

I have noticed that if you land on a planet, then exit and walk on your command craft,it does not 'jump up and down'.

Only in space.

I walk around on my firestorm every now and then just to get a feel for how huge that ship is. What was even more impressive was zooming out once and looking at my firestorm against a massive space station. Sometimes you just need a feel for the perspective. I get the jittering while walking on the craft as well, and also notice this "bouncing" behavior when observing crafts that are getting towed. At any rate, it doesn't affect game play.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

You're not supposed to be walking around on your craft. And if you don't know how to do it, don't do it.

*moved*

Ok SC, but since this is a truly open game I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to walk around my CC. But why does my magnetic boots fixate me then?

And like some of the other guys I really like the size of objects in this game and like to take a walk on them.

quote:

Windsurfing and Atmosphere diving... what else?

I dont think thats the point.

It worked just fine in BCMG. (Thank you Jamotto)

If it's a graphics problem, fine, simply acknowledge it.

If it is unrealistic to fix it, just say so.

Believe it or not, we do not expect miracles.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

You're not supposed to be walking around on your craft. And if you don't know how to do it, don't do it.

*moved*

Ok SC, but since this is a truly open game I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to walk around my CC. But why does my magnetic boots fixate me then?

And like some of the other guys I really like the size of objects in this game and like to take a walk on them.

Because you don't know how to do it. It works just fine. Depending on your frame rate if the game keeps attaching you to the hull of the craft or if you are attempting to walk on an irregular part of the craft, you will get the jittering.

Like I said, it works for what it is supposed to allow you to do. But just because the game allows you to do it, doesn't mean you should. The ability to exit your craft in space was not implemented so that you could go walking around *on* the ship. And this ability to walk on your ship has been around since BCM, works just fine and has never been modified.

quote:

Yes he sure does. And since you know nothing about me

Oh, but I do. Your posting history about some nonsense or another - which you don't bother to take the time to research, speaks volumes.

Here's a tip: When VERY FEW people pay attention to your posts, you should ask yourself this question: ...is it just me?. More often than not, you will find that the answer is usually a resounding, ...yeah, its just you. For example, try this, this and several others.

How can you say that you now anything about me after showing that list? Under half of my posts is about UC/BCM the rest is about other games. I only post in the UC forums, if I think I have a problem or as answers to other peoples threads.

But since this has gone way out of line I will leave it here.

*Scoff* Rocket science? Easy stuff. Liquid hyrdogen, mix with liquid oxygen... ignite and direct out of a nozzel to apply thrust... BAM! Rocket Science!

Subspace Mechanics! Now THAT, is hard! That and Plot Mechanics. Just remember the first law of basic Plot Mechanics and you can apply it to almost anything...

First Law of Plot Mechanics: THERE IS NO PLOT!

quote:

How can you say that you now anything about me after showing that list? Under half of my posts is about UC/BCM the rest is about other games. I only post in the UC forums, if I think I have a problem or as answers to other peoples threads.

uhm, huh? I was pointing to posts which have the same theme from you as this one here. And just to alleviate what you are saying now, I posted direct links to TWO examples. *sigh*

quote:

But since this has gone way out of line I will leave it here.

Fine. I have no idea what you're going on about, quite frankly; I was merely making a point by showing a pattern of....aw forget it. I can't be bothered.

SC, quite frankly I think you try too hard sometimes man.

Let's see if I can translate.

If I may say, SC is saying that many of your posts, you don't have extensive knowledge of what you are talking about, and that you haven't done research to back it. I'm just shooting in the dark... but that's what I gather.

SC, go sit in your huge and highly relaxing plush command chair and look pretty (intimidating) for the media! THAT'S AN ORDER!!!

*grin*

quote:

Mayby Tiger, but I have read the manual, the vcf and NO-WHERE does it says that "Please don't walk on your CC because the screen will bounce.". I don't know how I could dig deeper in this? Please advice.

Thats just it, isn't it? Its not a feature. Its not documented - ANYWHERE. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. And if you can do it without having a problem fine, more power to you. MOST people KNOW how to do it and consistently do it.

So, don't frigging post a problem report in my tech support forum about an undocumented feature which bears NO RELEVANCE to the game whatsoever. THEN argue with me about rubbish.