Deploying FCs (with the AE as a pilot)

SG

Okay, if I want to have control of a vehicle contained in my CC, I can set my AE to pilot that vehicle. So, then how do I deploy that vehicle? I've only yet tried with a FC, and I've got no idea how to deploy the craft with myself in it...my view. TACOPS and 'Launch' tell me that I'm assigned to the vehicle as the pilot, but I can't get out of my CC...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

SG

[ 09-21-2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

Issue the "Launch" order from the menu... try popping the menu up by clicking on the craft's little box. (right side in the main view)

Also, you do not instantly appear in the vehicle when you order yourself to pilot it...use Perscan (Alt-P) to track your movement in the ship and don't launch until you see that you are in the fighter.

Okay...sorry to be such a newbie, but, all of the above has checked out. Full power is at Launch in the Logistix computer...It says both pilots are in FC2 BAY (not the actual craft itself...but read on) and it says in the launch menu that the craft is ready...but with PERSCAN, it says the two engineers I assigned to FC2 are still 'Readying FC2'. ??? Is this the problem? When I click on the box for FC2, I don't even have the option to Launch it...so even though the Launch menu in the TACTICAL computer says the craft is ready, is PERSCAN telling me the real truth? Do I need to wait until it says my pilot/copilot are actually in FC2 and both engineers are no longer saying 'Readying FC2'?

Thanks for all the help...

SG

now it seems as though I can't even launch regualr FCs (w/o my AE as a pilot). Am I forgetting to do something important that enables me to launch a craft? I've assigned a pilot and a copilot, and I've assigned two engineers to ready the craft...in the launch menu, it tells me it's ready, but in perscan it says it's still being readied... *confused*

sg

once you launch a FC, and then have it return, you must set 1 or 2 engineers to prepare it for a second launch. this takes about 5 minutes for it to be able to launch again. You just need to wait out the wait. or move your 2 pilots to another ready FC.

yeah...

When you start a new game FCs are fully prepped (ready) and can launch immediately. It's only when they return that you must ready them for a subsequent launch.

You might have screwed that game and may need to start a new one. If you start a new game launch FCs immediately. If that works have them "return to base" and then prep them for a new launch. Takes six minutes or so.

Then send one pilot off duty. THen assign your AE to be the pilot of that FC. Wait till the AE gets into the FC (not the bay) by watching perscan. THEN click launch (per steps above) and see what happens.

If you only want to fly an FC then in the start new game screen use the drop down arrow to make yourself a pilot instead of a commander. Play with it that way. Then when you want to be a commander and "switch" to piloting your own FC try it again.

okay, I did everything Cmdr Chavik told me too (which is pretty much what I already did) and, as before, the little square used to deploy the craft is dark green, with no launching option...everything is listed as ready, and the copilot is in the craft, but I'm still listed as being in the bay... (is this a bug, or something? I only have the original version, unpatched, no updates...)

quote:

Originally posted by SG:

okay, I did everything Cmdr Chavik told me too (which is pretty much what I already did) and, as before, the little square used to deploy the craft is dark green, with no launching option...everything is listed as ready, and the copilot is in the craft, but I'm still listed as being in the bay... (is this a bug, or something? I only have the original version, unpatched, no updates...)

be sure to have assigned the 2 engineers to ready the ship.. 6 minutes to ready one. Also, you may want to see if the ship is dammaged? your CC and/or the FC. Sometimes that can keep from a launch. I know right now on one of my saves, i have 3 go lights and a dark green, still waiting on something. Not sure what though.

I'll see how it comes out, but i would update to the .14 patch and just retry it all >.<

take everything off the FC, make sure its 100%, power, reload pilot/co, 2 engineers, and then a 6 minute wait to see if its set. If not... then i have just about no idea what is wrong

I'm sorry you are having trouble but I just did it in multiplay.

I started a new multiplay game and sent one pilot to "on station".

That opened up a slot to assign the commander ( me, the AE ) to be FC1 Pilot.

I assigned me the AE as FC1 pilot.

He walked to to fighter and after a couple minutes the FC1 light turned bright green. I launched and had a heck of a good time killing intruders in my region.

Till I got killed by some neutral assasin or some such.

In other words: It Works Here.

quote:

Originally posted by SG:

If the FC is still dark green then there is no pilot in it yet. Check perscan to see where you are. You need to be in the FC not the bay before you can launch

You might want to check perscan and make sure that your flight engineers aren't inside the FC you want to launch. My AE wouldn't board the FC until those FE's got out of the FC. If they are inside the FC try assigning them to off duty and see if your AE gets inside the craft. When he does try launching it then.