Repairs Take FOREVER!

Dr_Nick

Is it possible to create some form of time acceleration for repairs when docked at a station? I had signficant damage to my ship so I limped home and docked at Galcom. I initiated repairs, which were extensive, and sat there waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I ended up taking my son to the park, playing on the jungle jim for one hour and then came home. When I arrived the repairs were still going!! Only two of the engineers were available. This really takes away from the gameplay. I am putting in a plea for help here...

No.

Try not to get damaged so badly.

Besides, why do you have to do it at the station? You don't. If you use your own engineers, you could still be flying around without having to stay parked at a station for long periods of time.

Guest Shingen

Why are you repairing in a station? A carrier, with 10 sys engs can usually get a ship up to par alot faster than any starstation.

In a crusier with only 5 sys engs, it does take quite awhile to refit a blown reactor, along with several other primary systems.

I'll generally land my limping CC on a moon and go about in my shuttle, collecting pods and towing enemy transport to collect the rewards.

It does seem like Starstation should be faster at repairs, but they ain't.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Nicholas Dogris, Ph.D.:

Hmmm, ok. I guess I was under the impression that it was free at the stations and would go faster...I guess I was wrong...

Your impression is partially correct. At an allied station, repairs are free. However, it's been my experience that they ain't a whole lot faster.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Rix:

When all else fails.. Start a new game

I just reload a save if I get kicked in the ass that bad.

However, there's alot to be said for learning to survive when you are broken and bloody.

My understanding is that it doesn't amtter what AI level you're system eng's are, it'll still take awhile

Don't forget, if the Chief Eng IS NOT onstation, then it'll take twice as long

quote:

Originally posted by Nicholas Dogris, Ph.D.:

Is it possible to create some form of time acceleration for repairs when docked at a station? I had signficant damage to my ship so I limped home and docked at Galcom. I initiated repairs, which were extensive, and sat there waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I ended up taking my son to the park, playing on the jungle jim for one hour and then came home. When I arrived the repairs were still going!! Only two of the engineers were available. This really takes away from the gameplay. I am putting in a plea for help here...

Dont take anyone on that got a better ship. Unless your really good at the game or have some artifacts that would help you dont engage combat with a better craft. Simple as that. This game just about killing sprees (Well not with me)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...