Underwater base

Littlealx

Well if you havent seen it, go and see it Theres an underwater base at earth 331 (ter/mil) theres only one and it's the only place you will find submarines.Theres 2 large ones but There are also tiny wraith subs near the bottom which kinda give me deja vu from thunderbirds, remember thunderbird 4? nice little things. Unfortunatly it doesnt look like we can drive them yet, all they seem to want to do is rotate up and down. Its mildly amusing to be wandering round a military base with fish all around.

Sc, do you have any intentions of taking this concept further in HI or HTL or was this an experiment?

Thanks Sc,

Rix, im asuming you are on the planets surface, all you can really do is swim down, hit backspace and your character will swim without having to hold any keys. Takes about 4 minutes.... but im thinking perhaps there are djp's there, i dont know ill look.

Swimming for 4 minutes at least will not get you to drown?

@ SC

You can even implement sub marines....with underwaters weapons and a scuba gear.... ...should be nice with submarines...

quote:

Originally posted by Littlealx:

Thanks Sc,

Rix, im asuming you are on the planets surface, all you can really do is swim down, hit backspace and your character will swim without having to hold any keys. Takes about 4 minutes.... but im thinking perhaps there are djp's there, i dont know ill look.

How exactly do you expect him to get there? Swim from shore - for almost 50km? heh.

Rix, just land on the deck of one of the carriers in the area, exit the craft and dive overboard. Or land one of your shuttles (they can float) on the water and dive overboard. Using the shuttle you have a means of getting back on board. But diving off the side of a carrier means you probably won't make it back since your craft (on deck) would be too far for you to get back on.

And the underwater base is just below the earth331[NBASE] mzone.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

... diving off the side of a carrier means you probably won't make it back since your craft (on deck) would be too far for you to get back on.

I'm confused. Last time I tried entering the naval craft(s), I could target (via D.I.E) and enter most of the subs ... at least some of them bobbed up and down in the water so, by timing it just right, I didn't need to dive beyond "breath-holding" limits. And my jetpack came in handy for getting back aboard a seaworthy carrier.

Guess I need to go back and see what's changed.

I'm not talking the subs. I'm talking about YOUR craft AFTER you leave it in ON the carrier deck, exit it and dive overboard. Later when you are done with your expedition, if you are too far away and you can't get within range (even after targeting it in the DIE and pressing ALT+D), you won't be able to get back on board your craft.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I'm talking about YOUR craft AFTER you leave it in ON the carrier deck, exit it and dive overboard.

Vertical range is no problem if I use the jetpack. It easily gets me from the water's surface to the deck of a carrier.

Oops. No it wouldnt be a good idea to swim from the shore, should have been more specific.

There actually are djp's down there so if you dont want to swim down you can use one at another base, and teleport down there.

But its more practical to use the shuttles, the way SC said. If your lucky on the swim down, you'll see a few sharks

As for driving the subs, we cant do that yet, it was answered at the start of this thread mate.

Im definatly looking forward to when we can though!

Guest kenny87

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

Swimming for 4 minutes at least will not get you to drown?

Your suit's got about an hour worth of Oxygen, so you won't drown...at least for awhile.

Guest Shingen

Wanna try something fun? (playing as Galcom)

Fly to that area in your CC (Earth331), and fly your BC over that Insurgent base that's just north-west of the Ter/Mil NBase (there are actually 3-4 bases around that area).

Anyway, fly your CC over that Insurgent base and watch the Insurgents and Galcom go at it! Never the same outcome twice!

First time I tried it, the Insurgents decimated the closest Galcom base. The second, the Insurgents got their butts handed to them. Fighters and missles galore!

WARNING: Don't try this on a low-end system! It'll bring your processor to it's knees!

You can also start a marine war by going EVA and making all the Insurgent and Galcom marines spawn at each other.

Find a nice perch on a local hilltop and snipe to your hearts content!

I actually jumped on top of a shuttle and had it hold an elevation of 50m while I sniped people over the side.

I finally got killed when my shuttle was taken out, but it was great fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Ya about ta sniping thing, once i got stuck on ta top of a building (graphics glitch, iahd to fiddle wit hcomp to get unstuck) and then the base came under attack. i was doing quite well until i got sniped by a sniper lol