Trapped

Hi I haven't been in a situation where my CC is completely disabled yet (Usually i just end up dead when it's that bad lol), but you might try towing it to the nearest friendly station and docking. You might be able to begin reparing it then. I assume you can't dock with the CC yourself because launch control has no power?

Hopefully you still had some life support or a good chunk of your crew is probably dead. Anyways good luck , maybe someone else knows better but thats all I have for suggestions.

EDIT:

I went and tested it out by badly damaging a cc while my AE was stuck outside in a shuttle. I tried towing the ship to the nearest friendly starstation but it didn't work. It only gives you the SC's logistix, and you can't access the CC's logistix that way.

The only way I found to work was to fly near you CC in space, then eject your AE from the shuttle, fly over to your CC with your jetpack and get in that way. Then you can get your shuttle to tow you to a station, or if no one is left on the shuttle, call for a tow truck.

my test ship had radiation all over about 15 dead crew members, a blown up FC and about 90% systems either badly damaged or destroyed. Have fun repairing

[ 10-16-2004, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: The Corinthian ]

Guest Shingen

Also, if you can get your shuttle to tow you within 0.50 klicks of a friendly station, I think you can dock with it, and use their Logistix for repairs.

Hmm i thought the shuttle could fly itself one time it did for me when the marine in it died have u tried using it. If it doesn't work well there is only one thing i can say "Gotta keep a marine on those shuttles", i always do

Heres my experience.

In your shuttle, set the command to hault using the commands on the right side, or any other method you know of. Then get fairly close to your CC (so you can jetpack to it). Jump out of your shuttle and fly over to your CC, when your just about on it, press / and you will enter it.

You can then start getting your ship repaired. If it is really bad, you can go to your side commands and tell your shuttle to tow your CC, then deliver it to the nearest space station. That should get you moving. Now you can go about fixing up your ship and crew.

Follow the clean up suggestions in the manual and you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Guest kenny87

I think the only reason you need personel in a shuttle is to press the ON button, which why even a medic or Resnig can fly it.

Fighters on the other hand...

• 3 weeks later...