Saitek X52 joystick...is a good choice for UC?

Guest giulianross

Guest giulianross

hi everybody..

what do u think about this piece of technology? is it good to play with UC or the game doesn't support it? is the separate throttle system supported from UC or is unuseless and also the others buttons are unuseless?

thaks in advance...

Guest giulianross

thx bob

i try with mouse but is uncofortable for me..i prefer joystick..now i've sidewinder and i like it but when i have seen x52 i loved it..it's the best joystick for now i think...

i want to ask u: with x45 can u play uc? can u use all its function or something is disabled?

thanks

I use the x52 stick myself. I love it. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work exactly is the accelerate/decelerate of the ship using the throttle - it will not work like a normal throttle right off the bat. You have to hit 9(at least initially to engage the thrusters) then use W to get to full speed, then you can use the throttle to slow down/speed up. What I can do is send you the profile that I am using to save space here. Drop me an email: [email protected]

I have an X45 but since the drivers are so fubar'd I never use it. Though I do think it adds more t the experience to have two handles to grasp with all those buttons. In spite of that it's mouse control all the way, much more precise and since 99% of the other games I play (minus FS2004) are mouse based it's an easier way to go.

I have an x45 works fine for me although I am about to stop using it in UC as a lot of people here think mouse is the way for this game to be controled so I thought I would give it ago.

I have to say though I never had any hassle with the X45 the throttle dose reqire you to press 9 as in a post here on this thread and then what happens is the throttle controls how much % of the 9 you get , so dont be serprised if you start out and find the throttle does not work when you push it forward as 100 percent of nothing is still nothing , its all in the manual but I did miss this at first.