NPC Jump Distance

Ok I have searched the forums and found no answer to this. My last post got kicked off for some reason, I must have broken an unwritten BB law. So I will try again. My tactic is to sit on top of a jump gate and wait for enemy craft to jump in or jump to. I have noticed that as I am 2-3 clicks off the gate, whenever an enemy craft drops out of hyperspace it is usually between 100-150 clicks away from me. So I target it match speed and fly to said craft, only to find that when I get to approx 80 clicks from it jumps through the gate. Now my question is how can it jump from so far away (50-60 clicks from gate)? I have to pilot my craft right up to the gate to jump, Any answers? It

quote:

Originally posted by Spaceghost:

Thanks for the prompt reply SC. I will wait until another Megaron (the same ship as mine) jumps in and then see how far that jumps from.

And how exactly are you planning on doing that? Unless you are sitting IN that craft, you will not be able to figure that out. If its a Megaron, it will do it at the same distance at you; since they use the same logic and dynamics.

how to obtain the dist? since i am sitting at the gate, using F10 tactical (inverse tactical?) i can see the npc's ship alignment relative to myself with the gate in view. if the npc is 50 klicks out from me, and i am less than a couple klicks from the gate, i can determine that the npc is nowhere near the gate when it disappears. i see no cloaking effect when they disappear. i never spend the jump recovery time trying to chase them down by going thru the gate since my ship takes 90s to recover - most ships would be out of reach B4 i could recharge and jump again.

It is easy to calculate the jump distance of NPC craft. Wait for one to jump to the gate, target it match speed, check the distance from your ship, then target gate, check the distance. then subtract one from the other and voila you have the distance of the NPC ship from gate. And then you see that it jumps from more than 0.5 clicks out.