Is this worth getting?

MrPuter

Hey all..........I was just wondering is this game worth getting......it seems to have gotten bad reviews but I love the look of the heli-copter/ fighter thing on the box at the stores. I read this game is meant to be very complex to play, is that correct?

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

UC is quite a complex game to get the hang of. It is, however, very enjoyable IMHO due to its scope and possibities. Why not try the demo on the downloads page, and spend some time with it to see wether you like it or not?

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

This game isnt for everyone but it has more scope than any other space sim Ive played. There is not much you cannot do in this game compared to other space sims. The biggest thing is not being stuck in a storyline and having to do exactly what the designers want you to do. And you dont stop every time you finish a mission to go to the next. Its worth while if youre looking for something that is above the rest of the other space sims games but you have to work a little harder in this one.

I just picked it up last night just before I went out and drank myself into a slight stupor. The game isn't easy to learn while drunk.

It didn't seem to like my thrustmaster set up for whatever reason. I switched out to my ghetto saitek X-52 and everything is good.

If you like depth and open play, this is you're kind of game. It even exceeds the depth of X2, which I previously thought would be a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

ehh, X2 has alot of flaws that make it crappy. But it also has alot of perks. Like being able to shift between Capital Ships, and having a fleet which u can switch between ships.

But UC also has its great things. Though some things could be made better. I myself want the ability to beam marines over to an enemy vessel to disable it from the inside, maybe plant a charge, beam out, and destroy the vessel w00t

hello everyone, long time browser, first time poller. The best thing I have found with this game is its longevity. The ROAM scenario is awesome for just making up your own missions and generally wreaking havoc. The most enjoyable games are limited only by the scope of your imagination. And i think people owning this game have very large and absorbing imaginations.

I would tend to agree. I LOVE this games depth and playability. I'm one of those that gets into a game and dig's in. The more commangs and controls to remember, the better. I've played BCMG before this, and now I'm on UC. Some minor graphic probs, but all things considered, if ya dig in depth "do as you will" gaming. It's hard to beat UC.