Moral responsibility for using OTS missiles

scydiver

It's genocide, although it's kinda cool. There've got to be consequences. Some races/castes get court-martialed for using R.A.N.D.O.M. while the others don't. SC, may I suggest a twist?

Take the cutscene of an OTS missile approaching the target area, put a soundfx of people screaming in terror and panic in the background instead of birds singing.

Then make it launch at random intervals after using a weapon of mass destruction ,possibly, during a combat engagement or when approaching the same planetary/space region - sort of a flashback. At the same time send the commander to medibay and give control to the AI crew of the ship while he thinks about what he'd done. So if their AI is high enough he has a chance of comming back on the bridge of a relatively intact ship and in the same space region where he passed out. Then he would need a few days (for using OTS) or weeks (for using R.A.N.D.O.M.)of gameplay to recover from shock and make the cutscene stop poping out and ruining the game. It's free galaxy. Do what you want, but be aware of consequences.

Any good?

[ 02-23-2005, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

And I still can't get enough of it. As a kid I was mad about sci-fi books (R.Heinlin's "Starship Troopers" was my bible) and it felt extremely unfair to be sentenced to Earth for life without any hope of geting into that vast space above. Now I almost got it all, finally, even if it's just on the screen of my PC.

• 3 weeks later...

wait. But you have to think. Different Commanders have different morals. Some would laugh and enjoy the deaths of billions of people. Some may get a sexual excitement (Sadists) but some commanders may have a mental breakdown from the agony of watching his fellow beings killed.

It all depends on the personality of the commander, so I wouldnt really apply to all commanders. Like me! I'd laugh and Random every planet that pissed me off, unless it had someone I care for. and if someone RANDOMed it, I'd track them down and RANDOM their ship. RIGHT IN SPACE!

If you want to really feel the part, seal up your computer room and the rest of your home, then vacuum all the air out, except your computer area of course. 'et' joila' You're in space. Tie the game to your environmental controls and have your atmosphere depleted everytime your ship is mangled up. Adds a whole new meaning to game over.

...Then add a few missile launchers on the roof of the house so you will actually launch something.

Only after that the intruders will be wearing either police uniforms or white gowns with red crosses and your next house will be painted in yellow