WHat time is good to...

UnderLord

Enlist in a fleet!

This will allow you to coordinate with others and participate in the yearly seasn that is about to start.

Get in the Prime Fleet section of the forum and post in the recruits topic.

Or the ISS section, or that of any other fleet, after looking at the fleets faq to get a general idea of what each fleet does though the personnel info on that page needs a little updating. Take a look at the current active fleets, ask them questions and decide what appeals to you most, then make the big step and sign your life away

Yeah, sorry Ben I wasn't clear enoug in my fisrt post.....

I intended "If you're interested in Prime Fleet".....but I was doing multiple things at one and I gave you a not completely correct information. Some words remained in my fingers.

My aopologies to you UnderLord and to all others Fleets.

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

one last question....(no i'v never heard of a edit button enlighten me)

Probes

LR MR and err SR (right) what do those types do i cannot find definitions for the 3 in the glossory or the appendix =(

Did you try the manual?

SC. I keep seeing you always put 'Read the Manual' but it doesnt really work all the time. Not everyone can be as highly intelligent and read between the lines when reading the manual, and it is pretty thick, and some 'simple minds' can be confused. Could you like, lighten up. You are a moderator of a forum, which its common sense n00b players will come to, to ask questions on things that they do not understand. A little politeness and help goes a long way

And Underlord, Probes are pretty useful in the game. You can use them to monitor your home system while your away, or send them to scout out systems before hand. Plus, they give a great Real-Time battle update of the system your in, if they are in it.

quote:

Originally posted by UnderLord:

Yes i tryed the manual and i couldnt even find the use of probes heh. but thanks thats all i really wanted to know is what those 3 stood for...and yes i know i must be blind...but you try looking it up at 4am in the mornin =)

Probes are discussed on p21

Probes are also discussed in one of the PDF files located in the DOCS folder where the game is installed.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkness Incarnate:

SC. I keep seeing you always put 'Read the Manual' but it doesnt really work all the time. Not everyone can be as highly intelligent and read between the lines when reading the manual, and it is pretty thick, and some 'simple minds' can be confused.

I don't develop my games for simple minded stupid people. If that were the case, I'd be developing other types of games.

It doesn't take intelligence to RTFM; it takes common sense because thats WHY I wrote a manual to begin with. WHAT is the point of posting stuff that is already quite detailed in the manual? Not to mention the tutorial. Is your miniscule game purchase paying for the resources it takes to run this board?

quote:

Could you like, lighten up. You are a moderator of a forum, which its common sense n00b players will come to, to ask questions on things that they do not understand. A little politeness and help goes a long way

I don't need to lighten up in order to inject common sense into someone. If you don't like how we do things around here, leave - and don't come back. Your $19.99 is inconsequential within the general scheme of things; simply because, well, I don't care about your feelings - or anyone else's.

If you - or anyone else - has self-esteem issues; see a shrink.

I'm a game developer not a diplomat or a nanny; and I don't cater to people who can't follow SIMPLE instructions. If you can't follow simple intructions, you shouldn't be playing my games; since having a fully developed and functional brain, is a pre-requisite. For the same reason that some people go out and buy computers simply because they don't know how to build one from purchased components.

The next time you find it necessary to tell me how to run my board; don't - or you won't make it to post 49.

[ 03-14-2005, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]