Just a personal curiosity...

Hello!

Purchased UC yesternight, and am busy with the reading material right at the moment. I doubt I'll be able to fire 'er up for another week or so (I love my GeForce 2 - sadly, she doesn't appear to support Vertex Shader ot Pixel Shader) until my Radeon 9600 gets eBay'd to me.

In the meanwhile, I just thought I'd say hi - and settle an awfully wierd curiousity of mine:

With the addition of the new planetside features, were one to enter ROAM as a Commander, could you land your 'Cruiser near a friendly planetary base and start joyriding around in any vehicles / aircraft they have sitting there? Or, if they were enemy vehicles (assuming I somehow amanged to not get mowed down by gunfire), could I 'jack them? And, by chance, I don't suppose you can land or take-off fighters from naval aircraft vessels (or take control of naval vessels)?

I'm not really concerned with how well modeled such activites might or might not be, or how practical; I'm just wondering if they could be done (I'd be guessing not, granted that the Commander's role is to Command his ship. Which is just splendid with me).

If you can, though... man, I've got this wicked marathon-esque idea all mapped-out and a registered copy of SnagIt to capture all it's glory on .AVI with...

Oh. My. Bling.

My brother's Zues accelerator, as it turns out, runs the game just fine.

I love it! The visuals, IMHO, are absolutely terrfic. And then there's the SCOPE (...though I'm a tad used to it now, thanks to BC2K - though BC2K didn't have all of the planetary scope that UC most certainly does).

With the launch and destruction of Commander Stephen Vandal in fairly short order, I can't help but feel a little sheepishly incompetent (largely due to the nature of the engagement my ship was destroyed in). Is it common for a Starcruiser heavy cruiser to get smoked by a Viper heavy fighter? It took my shields down in the first pass, my main guns couldn't hit it and my PTA turrets couldn't seem to keep enough sustained firepower on it to knock it out. Second pass, system damage all across the board --> hull breech --> decimated. Or is it likely that I'm just terrible at this?

You can steal enemy small crafts (fighters, shuttles, gunships and vehicles) and use them to cause all the mayhem you want, but you can't load them on your CC. Your support craft loadout is fixed, you can only buy replacements for the ones you lose from stations.

I don't suppose anyone knows, by chance, what systems the Insurgents base themselves out of?

The Ter/Mil Capt. Dark and her Starwarrior-Class cruiser, the Sabre, are racking-up quite a few frags patrolling around Earth and the nearby region... by I think it might be about time I took the fight to the enemy's front door.

(I tried using the Appendix, but it doesn't appear that the Starstation / Starbase section works properly).

Hey, you have the game, please - at the very least - trying reading the manual AND the appendix. ALL of the questions you have been asking are discussed and detailed in those texts.

We used to spoon feed people around here; but we're all out of spoons. And thats why these games are designed primarily for a specific group of people who usually have their own spoons and know how to use it.

Guest Commanderlb

exalted_leader:

there are a few rules a round here u should know

first and foremost DO NOT annoy SC or he'll have you're head on a pike

Second, to help u, use the search feature to find ur answers

quote:

And thats why these games are designed primarily for a specific group of people who usually have their own spoons and know how to use it.

Use it or no one will repect u