New Ships.

Alam

Hi i am new to the 3000 AD community, i had UC for 8 months but got fed up with playing it after 20 min. Then for some strange reason i got the Urge to start playing it again, and now im playing preety good. I used OTS on earth( that was fun well i have a few questions about this game.

1) will there be new ships coming out anytime soon? Im dying for some new ships, but im just wondering.

2) How do u mine, I read the tutorial DOC and everything but im still cluless, i bet ill figure it out eventually.

3) How come the FAQS are so Vuague/Veague/Veuge( sorry i cannot spell) I mean someone ppl tell me what the upgrades actually do. For example i upgraded the R/Upgrade and N/Upgrade, and now i don't even know what theyre supposed to do. And i can't seem to tell the difference either.

4) Im flying a Aerostorm with 6 fighters, i lost 2 fighters. How can i get/ Buy them back. This is not in the tutorial.

5) How can i speed up this slow ship? is there even a way?

6) How do i capture station? I know im supposeed to attack it and all but they don't emit a SOS signal from it so i end up destroying it.

7) Plz don't tell me to read the manuel, i read all parts of the game, Thanks for all of your support helps, my game stopped crashing THANK GOD!

P.S Can someoen write a FAQ for gamefaqs. If its a very detailed one im sure it would attract more and youg players. And this is the best game i ever played, VERY DETAILED. And first game that requires players with HIGH IQ'S to play the game.

1. Highly unlikely

2. Go to tacops, at the bottom of the screen click menu then waypoint and where it says CC click on it the choose SC1 or SC2 or whatever, click add, place on the map then click add again, select where it says proceed to next then select "deploy mdrone" place that on the map at least 5-10km away from the first waypoint. repeat for other shuttles. when all is done make sure you have people in the SC to fly it then launch.

3. R/Upgrades and E/Upgrades makes your ship consume less fuel. S/Upgrades increases shield strength Hull/Armor upgrades increases Hull strength.

4. in Tradcom in a station under spare parts find FC asset and buy it (they are expensive) then in luanch in tactical it will give you the option to replace the fighter.

5. Make sure in Logistix that engine power is at 10 if it is then your going as fast as you can.

6. Not a clue whats wrong there sry.

7. Ok...Don't then

Hope that helps a little

6. Its real hard to get a station to emit an sos signal. Usually for me they would emit a signal right before they were wiped out. The key is when the station is about to go nuclear, turn off your PTA and make sure your fighters or other friendly assets in the area are not shooting at the station. Then slowly ping away at it until it emits the signal, then dock...which is much harder than it sounds. If I had it my way, id just blow the place away along with everything not green in the region and just build a new station.

quote:

Originally posted by seedster:

1) will there be new ships coming out anytime soon? Im dying for some new ships, but im just wondering.

2) How do u mine, I read the tutorial DOC and everything but im still cluless, i bet ill figure it out eventually.

1. No. I pretty much have the property where I want it. When was the last time you saw a new ship or anything for that matter, added to a franchise property in a series (e.g. Star Trek, Star Wars etc).

In every major gen incarnation of the BC games (BC3K, BCM, UC), the ships have remained the same types, but with much improved models, rendering etc. I don't expect this to change.

2. Its not in the tutorial. Its in the manual and in the UC_TIPS.PDF file.

And if you post again before registering your game and adding the info to your sig, all your threads and posts will be deleted, your profile will be deleted and you will be banned.

• 1 month later...

Ya as cool as new ships would be it would only work if the game had a really deep story plot and the enemy or your side came out with a new ship to fight the enemy with, or you have to destroy the enemy prototype.

The only new ship id like to see is another super carrier

• 2 weeks later...

SW, and Star trek add new ships(or at least variations of the old stand bys) with each new incarnation.

Like the Enterprise Soveriegn, or the Delta Flyer.

Anyhoo, it would kinda of nifty if there was a new Super Carrier or possibly an expansion onto existing ships. It would be some wicked fun, if the fighter cpacity was doubled. ^_^ Ah well one can dream. I love this game.

There is no need for new ships except to look pretty. And as to question #6:

Turn off PTA, recall ships, etc. so that only your guns are firing on the station, then, when the shields are gone and the hull/armor is at about 3000, set guns to 10% until the TRD turns grey, duh!