Oh no another noob!

Casey

Hello everyone!

Finally finished rebuilding my PC this week and popped in UC. Just wanted to say that I had a ball! I've had the game awhile but was unable to play due to a very low end PC. But I've remedied that problem. But anyway, just thought I'd chime in and say hey! And I'm sure I'll have a bunch of noob questions in the next day or so.

Thanks for the welcome, and for the heads up about my system specs. I think I've done it right. If not, just let me know and I'll fix it.Just be patient, I'm a little slow sometimes, but I'll eventually get the hang of things around here. Just be gentle with me for a day or two.

Well, I tried my first roam excursion. Learned alot! 1.)Always be on gaurd for intruders! Lost a FC and a SC to the heathens! 2nd.My CC didn't float. It sank like a rock in the middle of the ocean,but I managed to escape,only to end up drowning...lol.But the fish and under water effects were great! Need to re-read about waypoints. Haven't quite figured this out just yet.Just need more practice.I learn everything the hard way,by rolling up my sleeves and diving in.And since I spent most of my savings, rebuilding my PC, I haven't been able to purchase a new printer. So, I have to read, re-read, take notes and then try and put it all together,and put it to use. But, I've got alot of time on my hands,thank goodness. By the way,if I need to post stuff like this somewhere else in the forum,just let me know. Just thought I'd keep the thread open so all the other noobs out there wouldn't feel alone.

Thanks. Yeah i've downloaded the patch and tutorial. But, my printer died right after i spent more than i should have upgrading my system,so like i said, i have to read,take notes,experiment,go back, read, experiment. But,I'm still having a great time just learning the game.Its a little tedious, but thats usually how I end up doing anything, the hard way. I'm an avid gamer, and have dabbled in modding some things for a couple other simulations. This sim, blows me away at the depth.I couldn't believe that there were fish swimming around at the bottom of the ocean! And I look at it this way, If I hadn't been experimenting on waypoints and planet egress, I'd never would have known there were fish! Sorry, just amazed.(lol). I'm also very impressed with your dedication to your work,or play,whichever it may be for you. I admire the fact that you take pride in what you do, and it shows in the end result. Thanks again for the post.