Trolling for FP Tips

Psirat

One of the features that has always excited me about the BC series is the ground combat. The trouble is, I suck. I have a hard time keeping alive when I'm alone, never mind baby-sitting green marines. ( I know, I know, a good commander won't send greenies into combat). The only way I really survive FP combat is if I camp out on top of a structure. I'm assuming not everyone resorts to this.

So, I'm looking for advice from you grizzled ground pounders. How do you keep situational awareness and track targets? Sometimes I keep DIE up as I'm fighting, just to get the HUD highlight of a distant marine (and the tactical scanner makes a good cross-hairs). Do you hide on top of buildings, swooping down for a quick kill and returning to the safety of the heights?

I know skill has to be earned, but a few techniques could keep me going long enough to earn it.

quote:

Sometimes I keep DIE up as I'm fighting, just to get the HUD highlight of a distant marine

Well this trick works for me.Other than that try to use mouselook when you're running(and quickly go prone if you see a marine running to you).

But Ill admit I never fight enemy on even terms,I usually OTS one side of the base and attack the few remaining building on the other side with ALL of my marines(and if Im not prone sniping,Im in a vehicle supporting marines so I almost never do the dirty work)

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll spend more time hugging dirt.

I've tried practicing with invincibility on, but found that without the threat of immanent death, I just got sloppy.