Does any of this apply to UC?

Raziel

Yeah, mostly looks good. I'd never noticed that ATA and STA missiles were ineffective, so I can't comment on that.

I just upgraded my processor and am looking forward to UC AWA, too. More of my PC upgrades are spurred by 3000AD than anything else. That other games run faster is just a bonus.

• 5 weeks later...

Hehhe i built a computer to play Counter-Strike source so im not worryed about not being able to play any of the UC games or BC games as well since i get a good steady 100fps in CSS right now UC runs liek a charm with a few glitches that are fixed by updating...which i'v done and started a new game =(

quote:

Originally posted by Psirat:

Yeah, mostly looks good. I'd never noticed that ATA and STA missiles were ineffective, so I can't comment on that.

If you're talking about this excerpt, its complete and utter rubbish. Anyone who read the missile specs and knows how the target acquisition works (lock versus dumb, locked vs EMD jammed, range etc), knows how to use them effectively.

quote:

1. Missiles: In space and versus ground targets missiles work very well. But when things turn, Air to Air or Surface to Air, they start to lackseverely. 7 out of ten missiles will miss their targets completely, two will come close and one will hit. : To be honest after watching missile performance during ground assaults for while, I stopped loading my fighters with ATA missiles and just relied on fighter guns and CC PTA fire to down enemy fighters during base incursions.

*shrug* It was just something that seemed iffy. At least in the free release of BCM, I could slowly creep over an enemy base, with no jamming and most of the time be unmolested by missles.

After assualting bases, I found that it was simply easier (and not to mention a lot cheaper ^_^) to destroy a base and it's defense forces, by piloting a fighter myself w guns only.

Granted its not as much fun, quick or xp yielding as doing a full fledged assualt, but it's more cost effective in terms of ordinace, repairs and personnel.

More than likely, a vast portion of what I observed is not true in the new incarnations, and I look forward to trying the heck of UCAWA...if it ever gets delivered to my house, before the end of the century -_-