For the next in the series

UnderLord

Man this derek guy sure can pump out alot of games huh?

But anyhow.....

It'd be cool if you could like start off in a small cruiser and when you get the money upgrade to a better cruiser and so forth a game that i'v played (web based) space merchants lets you do this. i know this would be hard to code and all but its just a suggestion for future UC (insert expansion name here) series games ( i know UC is part of BCG ect ect ect but to me UC is totally a new game)

Universal Combat Special Edition, due out in Feb/March 2007 or thereabouts, will be the last title in the series. It will basically be like a UCAWA Gold (which I don't plan on doing) but with lots of bits.

My focus going forward is on UCO (2006), KnightBlade (2007) and BCNG (2008).

What you're asking about is already in the design for UCO since you basically start from scratch and progress along a career path.

quote:

Originally posted by Grayson:

I'm glad to here how UCO will be and which will no doubtedly be in BCO.

BCO? There is no BCO. That was renamed to UCO (Universal Combat Online).

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

It was just shifted to the next-gen Xbox.

There will also be PC version later on.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Universal Combat Special Edition, ... will basically be like a UCAWA Gold (which I don't plan on doing) but with lots of bits.

By "bits" do you mean odds and ends, or ones and zeroes?

Yeah. Well, I'm kind of quiet.

Still, considering I've been playing since BC3K v2 and that EVERY significant upgrade I've done to my computer has been for a Battlecruiser title, I AM rather sick of being a "cadet".

quote:

Universal Combat Special Edition, due out in Feb/March 2007 or thereabouts, will be the last title in the series. It will basically be like a UCAWA Gold (which I don't plan on doing) but with lots of bits.

My focus going forward is on UCO (2006), KnightBlade (2007) and BCNG (2008).

What you're asking about is already in the design for UCO since you basically start from scratch and progress along a career path.

OMFG WOOT WOOT sorry for the caps but to hear that on a MMO will be sweet....it won't be pay to play will it? Please no pay to play games man....

spare us.

Im working on a 2d title in Dark basic Pro (development language) which im am making a 2d game where you can fly around trade and distroy claim planets ect ect ect. But uhh i'v been working on it for a year and havent really worked on it since LOL =(

Yep im calling it "Another space game" for lack of a better name.

Something I think that might be cool is the ability to buy a missile that doesn't have any explosives(or a minimal amount), and then be able to fill that missile using minerals that you mine on the planets. Different combinations of minerals would have different effects (e.g. Some more powerful than others, some work like dirty bombs, some work better against shields, and some just don't work at all ).

quote:

Originally posted by Matchoo:

Something I think that might be cool is the ability to buy a missile that doesn't have any explosives(or a minimal amount), and then be able to fill that missile using minerals that you mine on the planets. Different combinations of minerals would have different effects (e.g. Some more powerful than others, some work like dirty bombs, some work better against shields, and some just don't work at all ).

Sort of like Alchemy in Space, eh? Cool, but I just don't see it. The Battlecruiser games are more about hardware, stats and tactics, IMHO.

(All right. I admit it. I'm still just trying to get my post count up)

quote:

Sort of like Alchemy in Space, eh? Cool, but I just don't see it. The Battlecruiser games are more about hardware, stats and tactics, IMHO.

(All right. I admit it. I'm still just trying to get my post count up)

What would be cool is being able to design your own ship in the game using templets of the ships hulls in the game and being able to put whatever you want on there to make em faster lighter heavyer more powerful or better same should be done with shuttles and fighter craft....i played a game that let you design your own stuff like that it was fun and easy to trade and make to much money too = BUT never the less it was fun only thing is that it wasnt that popular. I think it was called terminus i think its a dead game now.

quote:

. I think it was called terminus i think its a dead game now. [/QB]

Not dead yet.

http://www.terminuspoint.com/

It is a lot of fun. But it isn't Battlecruiser. You only got that sort of freedom in the civilian careers. BC is much more a military simulation. To implement something like that... it would be a different game. Coding aside, it would take a lot of work to get the game balance right.

Anyway, there are still people playing Terminus, in a multiplayer environment. Knock yourself out.

quote:

Not dead yet.

It is a lot of fun. But it isn't Battlecruiser. You only got that sort of freedom in the civilian careers. BC is much more a military simulation. To implement something like that... it would be a different game. Coding aside, it would take a lot of work to get the game balance right.

Anyway, there are still people playing Terminus, in a multiplayer environment. Knock yourself out

After i posted that one about terminus i decided i really wanted to play it again hopped back on but no one online when i got on = so that makes it no fun the single player is fun though. I remember the first time i played single player i launched from a dock and suddenly there was a pirate on my tail telling me to drop my cargo or be killed....ahhh the joys.

My name on there is UnderLord. I think i named my craft StarCraft a talon ship i believe or eclips.

I was wondering if the community was still alive. The forums there seem to indicate it is, but I haven't tried connecting (the game is not currently installed). Check their forums out, maybe they mention when people play.