Ejected Pod

sainta117

I didn't find any mention of this using the search system, so I thought I'd ask about it. I keep running across ejected pods in my current campaign. They look like survival pods that a pilot from a destroyed fighter might take refuge in. The problem is, I don't seem to be able to do much with them. I can't get a grip on them to tow, and I'd hate to just frag 'em, cause they're harmless, even the enemy ones. To make matters worse, one of 'em is Ter/Mil, just like me, and I can't help feeling like a crappy Commander leaving some poor downed aviator to suck vacuum out there. Anybody know what I can do with these things?

Those are CARGO PODS which contain CARGO...

There's no such thing as ejection pod's in this game, only shuttle's from destroyed capital ships

Take a shuttle and order him to collect those pod's, you'll be surprised what you find, you might even get a few item's that'll bat you ten's or millinum's on the market

Please don't post nonsense Kalshion without first verifying that you know wtf he's talking about.

Eject pods from fighters are 100% different from ejected cargo pods.

To see what he's talking about, load up ejectpod.3d in BCStudio.

Anyway, you can't do anything with ejected fighter pods. They will eventually RTB somewhere or self destruct.

Actually, I'm quite familliar with the cargo pod system. No, these are quite clearly labeled "Ejection Pod," and they're all over the place. They don't look like a cargo pod either. They look like an enclosed cockpit assembly that's been blown out into space. Think typical Sci-Fi escape pod look. And as I mentioned, they're inacessible to shuttles, hence my question.

Thanks SC. Guess you responded while I was posting, sorry about the redundancy. I appreciate you clearing that up. Now at least I can continue to ignore the stranded survivors, secure in the knowledge that there's nothing I could do anyway. I suppose I could detonate them, though. They seem to be messing up my tidy little corner of the galaxy.

Great idea! Gee SC, any way to add some cel shading to UC?

Good way to break into the all important under 7 space sim market.

Seriously, thanks for posting this sainta117. I was wondering about this myself and just never thought to ask. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle. "Gooo Joe!"

Glad to have been of service. By the way, please excuse the flurry of new topics. I just got around to joining the boards, so I have over a year's worth of unanswered questions that I've been saving up. These boards have an enormous amount of knowledge stored on them, if you just look carefully enough. There are a few things, though, that no one seems to have gotten around to asking about, so I figured I'd try to fill the gap.

No need to apologize. Your posts so far have been thoughtful and appropriate (not that I'm any official judge, leave that to SC and the forum moderators). It's also clear that you do research and read before you post. Unlike some who don't, post a topic already covered, and then get huffy when they get slapped down by the SC.

If you ever have a tech support question though, I would advise to complete your system profile information before posting in those forums. For example your radeon card should be using CATALYST 5.8 I believe.

I'm curious as to what you research. If you can't or don't want to answer that's ok. If you do then send me a pm as I am already getting far off topic.

BTW I love your sig!

I sent the PM you asked for; don't worry, my work isn't secret. At least, not anymore.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out that gap in my profile. I'm not as technically proficient as my profession would suggest, so if I couldn't find out the answer to the profile questions I just left them blank. Actually, though, I did just update my drivers, so I know the answer to that one now. Guess I'll go change my profile.

• 1 month later...