LB's official newbie start up guide

Admiral LB

Right, there are too many noob threads and questions, I am trying to end the issue and do all vets a favor. I am adding threads that will help newbies (and vets) to make cash or decide what asset to use or otherwise.

This thread is for recommendations only and not for votes for other polls, if you wish to thank someone or agree with theory, this is the place for it.

Carrier Recommendations

Cruiser Recommendations

Easy Cash

heres to all the people that helped me when I was a noob and heres to Derek Smart for an amazing game.

cheers.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

heres to all the people that helped me when I was a noob

LOL! What you mean was, you'll retain that status for alot longer than 9 post around here friend. heh, your funny I think your going to fit in fine around here.

Interesting choices BTW.

quote:

Originally posted by Remo Williams:

quote:

heres to all the people that helped me when I was a noob

LOL! What you mean was, you'll retain that status for alot longer than 9 post around here friend. heh, your funny I think your going to fit in fine around here.

LOL!!! Yeah, I like his enthusiasm.

• 3 months later...

One tip I can give for those using ships with Fighters: SPARE PARTS

Not all SP's are created equal. Sure, its nice to have them, but if they cost more than the FC repair units, you dont need them UNTIL the craft takes critical damage to a system and HAS to be replaced.

I buy FC repair items, a LOT of them (hey, my pilots cant seem to dodge), but the other parts I won't buy unless they cost less that the general repair units. I do buy the more expensive parts for replacing destroyed items, but thats not often.

• 6 months later...

Just a quick mining technique...

Instead of sending Jarheads, errr...Marines down in the shuttles to deploy the drones, Use your inexperienced co-pilots. After the drones are deployed, land the CC nearby. Launch a shuttle with your AE and begin collecting drones, empty each drone then redeploy it. Lather/rinse/repeat until the shuttle is bulging at the seams with ore. Return the ore to the CC. Transfer the ore to every available vehicle with a cargo hold until all are full. Leave planet and head for your favorite outpost to sell. You will bank mucho cash.

Tip: Drones have a tendency to run into a landed shuttle so I usually hover just above the ground until the drones have mined an ample amount of ore.