hyperspace missing for me

TopSpeed

I recently purchased UC:G from DigitalRiver. The download was the most recent version, 100.003, I believe. First time out, I found I didn't have any hyperspace FX nor do my craft seem to be going into hyperspace. Time passes and objects and ships move normally it looks like. When I try to jump I hear the 'hyperspace initiating' voice and then just sit there. I found a similar thread regarding an issue with UC (I think), but it was from '05, and indicates the issue was identified and fixed. I have already done a reinstall and a manual patch and have the same problem.

Thanks

I have played the other BC/UC games, so have jumped many times before. I parsed the UC:Gold manual and read the VCF before posting. It's not that I don't know how to jump, it's that the jump doesn't seem to be working correctly. My assets, whether Command Craft, shuttles or fighters, just won't actually go into hyperspace. Other craft will show as though they are in hyperspace, but never seem to move or leave it. Time passes, new craft enter the system, etc., but those ships who come in and hyperjump for whatever reason are just staying in hyperjump. The screen in the lower right shows the craft in "hyperjump mode" (the white lines like TV static), but the distance doesn't change and the destination time doesn't change. I tried variable distances and destinations, different assets (shuttles & fighters, AI controlled and self controlled), and still get the same result.

When I should be going in to hyperspace, I don't. The 'HS' icon is on the HUD, I hear the voice telling me I am going into hyperspace, the craft orients itself to my targetted destination, etc. But I don't go anywhere. I don't get the tunnel/lightspeed fx and don't move. Time passes, ships enter/leave the system, etc, as long as they don't enter hyperspace. Any craft that enters hyperspace stays there. When I target them, I can see they are listed as being in hyperspace, but the distance to them doesn't change and the countdown time remains the same.