CTD when exiting CC

Elric_Sloan

Sorry, SC! Here are some specifics:

Craft: Firestorm as well as a coupla others, all military craft, have not tried another ship.

Area: Earth Orbit. I tried as soon as I spawned in. Cut engines back to VTOL, and immedieatley hit the exit craft keys. Immediate CTD, everytime with multiple CCs.

Everytime I have tried it was on immediately starting a ROAM game. I have not flown anywhere else to try it there, but I will do so now.

Thanks!

I did a little experimenting with this, and found that you -can- start an SFM career without a CTD.

Also, if you try to do a space walk from a shuttle, it will CTD. I tried bailing out of a fighter to see what would happen, but forgot you cant do that in this version (heh, oops).

I'm having the same problem. I start a new game. Ter/Mil, Battlecruiser Mk III. I launch, assign my AE to OC-1, and a marine to SC-1. I fly down to earth. I land the shuttle. I deploy the GV and drive around. Press Alt+E to get out and CTD.

I have fixed this. It is related to the clip count for the Sabre rifle which you are carrying when you exit the CC in space. The same problem affects weapons with more than one mode (e.g. ZS10, ZS12), but a crash only occurs for that weapon.

When is this problem planned to be patched? I just installed the uc10002_rc1 patch and the problem persists.

What weapon loadout do I have to pick so I can go into FP mode without crashing? For me it seems to crash no matter what gun I try, though I have not tried all of them yet.

I really wanted to fly down to earth and walk around some

Followup:

I cant seem to do first person at all. I start a new game as an assault marine force (or whatev), go with all the default loadouts and settings. The game loads, when it is nearly done I hear the weapon cocking sound effect, and then CTD.

I could not find this issue documented in the VCF, except for this:

"FIXED: Crash resulting from items inventory not being initialized. This resulted in weapon modes containing incorrect clips counts for weapons with more than one mode (e.g. ZS10)"

I've got the latest patch, so this problem shouldn't be causing me to crash. Perhaps I'll uninstall, reinstall, and patch all over again *shrugs*

Must be my computer or something. I uninstalled UC, reinstalled it. Put the patch into the UC directory, then ran the patch and it said it patched OK.

I ran the game, which showed the new version number on the bottom. I start a new roam game as an Assault Force Marine, default options. The game loads... gets up to the Game Loaded, Standby... then I catch a glimpse of FP view and then I get a CTD.

Perhaps my video card doesn't like rendering the weapons, and forces the game to CTD at that point.

quote:

Originally posted by Chaoticmass:

Must be my computer or something. I uninstalled UC, reinstalled it. Put the patch into the UC directory, then ran the patch and it said it patched OK.

I ran the game, which showed the new version number on the bottom. I start a new roam game as an Assault Force Marine, default options. The game loads... gets up to the Game Loaded, Standby... then I catch a glimpse of FP view and then I get a CTD.

Perhaps my video card doesn't like rendering the weapons, and forces the game to CTD at that point.

I'm surprised the game loads at all, since your video card does not have a vertex shader.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

I'm surprised the game loads at all, since your video card does not have a vertex shader.

Aha, so thats it. Everything else in the game works fine! So I'll just enjoy the other aspects of the game until I can buy a new card this friday. I can even drive around the planet in ground units as long as I dont get out.

(Raises hand)

Add me to the list for this occurrence as well.

I HAVE found out, however, that it will only CTD on me if I tinker with my AE's gear at the beginning of a "ROAM" game. Any CC, any race/caste, it doesn't seem to matter - it seems to work as it should... but try and change his gear to anything but the default (loadout package 1)at the start, UC will do a very quick & dirty CTD on me (no screen flicker or anything - it just dies) if I try and Alt-E out of my CC in space.

BTW - I was able to install the patch with no errors or glitches, so I believe it "took" okay.

Floyd.

quote:

Originally posted by Floyd Walker:

(Raises hand)

Add me to the list for this occurrence as well.

I
HAVE
found out, however, that it will only CTD on me if I tinker with my AE's gear at the beginning of a "ROAM" game. Any CC, any race/caste, it doesn't seem to matter - it seems to work as it should... but try and change his gear to anything but the default (loadout package 1)at the start, UC will do a very quick & dirty CTD on me

Floyd.

My problem is a little different. It just crashes anytime FP view is attempted. Though, it could have something to do with my card not meeting the minimum requirements of the game

Ok and my problem is a little "funny", when i try to go to FP then my AE is naked !

It has no texture at all on him just a white shape where it will normally have the uniform you know ?

So this is making me laugh viewing the AE naked in space without scuba gear !

This also happens when on the surface of a planet.

Is this driver related or video card related i don't know at all.

I only can say that my video card don't seem to appreciate certain type of lighting...

It's an ATI radeon 8500.

Strange eh ?

OK, I am getting a CTD during the the first mission of the campaign. I set the navitron toward LV103 and engage the auto pilot. I ready 5 marines for combat and sit back and watch the show. As I approach the hyperspace gate at Kruger in the Omega Centauri system the CTD happens.

My current system:

Alienware M51

P4 3 Ghz

1 Mb 3200 DDR RAM

60 Gb HD 7200 RPM

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Mobility Card

Direct X 9.0B

Windows XP. All updates.

All sound and video drivers are up to date as well. It seems to be ok in ROAM mode which is what I have been playing all weekend. Is this a scripting error?

quote:

My problem is a little different. It just crashes anytime FP view is attempted. Though, it could have something to do with my card not meeting the minimum requirements of the game

Thats right. Your card does not have a vertex shader.

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

I only can say that my video card don't seem to appreciate certain type of lighting...

It's an ATI radeon 8500.

Strange eh ?

Gimme a break. Catalyst 7.78 drivers?

quote:

Originally posted by Nicholas Dogris, Ph.D.:

OK, I am getting a CTD during the the first mission of the campaign. I set the navitron toward LV103 and engage the auto pilot. I ready 5 marines for combat and sit back and watch the show. As I approach the hyperspace gate at Kruger in the Omega Centauri system the CTD happens.

Works fine here Nick. You're sure you're not running the 1.00.02 patch with a 1.00.01 saved game?