1.00.02 patch problem

shihminhao

I just download V1.00.02RC1 patch from GH,everytime I install the patch,it just show some error message--Verify of New File failed.Possible Internal Error

I notice it happen at the file name"Pilot_shodow.png".Is my computer's problem,or the patch has error?Because I download this patch from GH's four mirrors,so it looks like a patch problem..

Cool, got the patch installed

The clouds seem different now. Much darker.. almost like a negative image. Anyone else getting that? Maybe I've just had bad weather wherever I've been so far.

The list of bug fixes and enhancements is really cool

Edit, also I installed the new 53.03 nvidia drivers yesterday, could be that affecting the clouds

[ 02-10-2004, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Banquet ]

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

Cool, got the patch installed

The clouds seem different now. Much darker.. almost like a negative image. Anyone else getting that? Maybe I've just had bad weather wherever I've been so far.

The list of bug fixes and enhancements is really cool

Edit, also I installed the new 53.03 nvidia drivers yesterday, could be that affecting the clouds

There are NO revisions to the graphics engine in this patch. NONE.

I also have black sky, starting out on Earth as a planetary support pilot at the default base location. The sky sometimes completely whites out when over water at low altitude also (pixel shader bug maybe?), I am also using 53.03 WHQL drivers for my GeForce 4 Ti 4400. The sky looked fine before the patch.

I just removed the game and reinstalled it without installing the patch and the sky looks fine (assuming it should be sort of a marble grey type color), Planetary support pilot (Starlance) at the default base on Earth, as before.

Please link to screen shots showing what you are seeing in 1.00.01 and in 1.00.02 so that I can see where you are talking about.

To take a screen shot, check the keyboard sheet.

Then convert the shots to JPEG or PNG.

Take the shots in 800x600 gameplay mode in order to keep the file sizes down.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, go to OPTIONS and turn off the cloud plane. Tell me what happens. You would have to save your settings, then quit all the way to the OS, before restarting the game, otherwise the cloud plane will not be disabled.

I just tried this. I turned off the cloud plane.. the clouds disappeared and the sky looked fine.

I saved settings and quit to OS and went back in. Still no clouds, sky looked fine.

Put the clouds back and they look dark.

I might be wrong, but it seems the clouds are still 'light' but rather the gaps are black. I can't see the sky through the gaps.

cheers

I have had the current drivers, 53.03, for a couple of months now, they were released on my birthday, December 9th, and there have been no new releases as yet since then (maybe a beta but no new WHQL drivers). I already had these drivers before installing the release version of the game.

I backed up uc.exe and put in the new file, but the sky is still black and the water is still weird.

Go to guru3d.com and try the 53.04 drivers. Those are ones I am using and not having that problem on my FX5900 Ultra.

If you are truly brave, try the 56.xx drivers as well. You are the official guinuea pig on this, so let me know which driver fixes it.