CTD when exiting ships in Space

Elric_Sloan

I am getting CTDs everytime I hit Alt-E to exit a ship in space. The details:

Location: Jupiter off of Europa Moon and deeper into space between Jupiter and the moon.

Ship: Both the Command Craft and a fighter.

Save game status: Once with a saved game and once with a "fresh" start ROAM mode game.

In one of the CTDs I was just going out sightseeing, slowed the fighter to a Halt, went to Orders menu and ordered a Halt so craft would not leave me as soon as I stepped out! Hit Alt-E and immediate CTD.

The other one, I pulled my CC close to my disabled shuttle so that I could jump out and take command of the shuttle. Again immediate CTD.

This is unlike the other CC CTD that I posted earlier. It is hard to explain but this CTD happens "faster" than the other one. With the other one I had, I would hit ALT-E, get a sec lag like I was going to exit the craft, then black screen, then CTD. This one as soon as I hit ALT-E I get CTD, almost like I hit ALT-F4 or something.

Thanks SC!

Ok, it is late (3:30 AM here!), so I hope I make sense!

Got home tonight and uninstalled and reinstalled UC, downloaded and reinstalled all patches, downloaded and reinstalled the 53.03 Nvidia drivers and the latest 4-in-1 Via drivers.

Jumped into the game, went to the Jupiter system with a New ROAM mode career. Hit ALT-E and CTD'd again!

So, after looking at the VCF file I noticed this in the FIXED section:]

17. FIXED: Crash resulting from items inventory not being initialized. This resulted in weapon modes containing incorrect clips counts for weapons with more than one mode (e.g. ZS10)

Jumped back into the game and tried different Gear profiles and found that the ONLY time I CTD'd was when using profile 5, which I like to use because of the Sniper Rifle in that one.

So, you may wanna test that and see if it only me. Here are my particulars in case you need em again.

ROAM Mode

Terran/Military

Jupiter start point

Firestorm Carrier

Profile 5 Gear

As soon as I get into game I slow to VTOL and hit ALT-E and CTD

If I use the other profiles I am able to get out as normal.

Didnt try the /w yet, but if you want me too lemme know and I will tonight!

Thanks again SC, I hope this helps us both out!

For now, I am really tired so....

Sloan OUT!

quote:

Originally posted by Elric_Sloan:

Jumped back into the game and tried different Gear profiles and found that the ONLY time I CTD'd was when using profile 5, which I like to use because of the Sniper Rifle in that one.

Thanks. Its probably related to the space force marine profile, since thats the asset used when you go into space.

[ 02-17-2004, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]