APN/Exocet shows as a reactor upgrade.

Drastic

...which is sort of worrisome, the engineers being willing to jam naval missiles into the reactor core.

The situation: Roam career, Ter/Mil commander, Megaron carrier. I've been nabbing cargo pods as they drop, and amongst the loot in one was five APN Exocets. I travel back to Galcom HQ, dock, tradcom, sell a bunch of stuff and have enough to upgrade my bare-bones reactor one level. Exit station, logistix, drill down to relevant deck of the CC, select for reactor upgrade. The Megatron (for the Megaron!) is lit up as an option, as I'd expected...but now, underneath the Trellis top-of-the-line, appears APN/Exocet. It lets me select it and allocate engineers to replace it--I didn't let them run through to completion.

I saved that gamestate, and loaded up an earlier one I'd save-and-exited as I was approaching staiton with loot, pre-docking. The Exocet appears as a reactor upgrade in there as well.

[ 02-16-2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Drastic ]

quote:

Originally posted by Drastic:

I saved that gamestate, and loaded up an earlier one I'd save-and-exited as I was approaching staiton with loot, pre-docking. The Exocet appears as a reactor upgrade in there as well.

Sounds like an INI file out of synch. Send in the saved game please to [email protected]

Just saw the bit about avoiding reactor upgrades entirely till final patch. I'll let the engineers damage me in some other way in the meantime.

Edit: And upon seeing swift response after posting that...savegame sent.

[ 02-16-2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Drastic ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

When I added missiles for the naval units, I threw off the ASSETS.INI file.

This has been corrected. Re-download the RC3 patch (from your registration profile) and apply on top of your correct version to fix this problem.

SC is this a "should do" for everyone (re-download the RC3 patch?) to fix that or are there good reasons to keep a naval missle as a reactor for last minute suprises to ship boarding parties?

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

I'm hoping your kidding. If you are, I'm laughing with you. If your not, I'm laughing at you. :-)

I guess I should clarifiy that I do intend for that to be humorous... concidering the way I've been posting lately one might wonder otherwise!!