RC3 Patch Comments

cpaek

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Sc for your repentine reply...

your right!!!infact i couldn't use mouse to drive vehicles but my sidewinder feedback precision pro is not usefull(i select it in options menu with throttle on)..i must use keyboard to drive vehicles and when i enter tanks the crossair don't moves and i can shoot only in front of me..

i remember that in BCMG sidewinder works into vehicles...

thank you in advance

If you post this rubbish in this thread ONE more time, your posting rights will be revoked. There is already a thread for this nonsense. KEEP IT THERE!!

And that goes for all you n00bies who think that I just have specific threads for the fun of it.

quote:

Originally posted by Spaceghost:

At the risk of getting blown out of the water. My version is patched v1.00.02 RC1 dated 09.02.04. I have looked in the anouncment thread and I still can`t see a link or clue to how to get RC3.

We must both be idiots because all I see is RC1 as well.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

...how they actually play this game, eludes me.

You got the system requirements right on the box. Should've put down user requirements as well. At the same time, then I probably wouldn't have met the requirements. Forget this post. .

-Gnowor

Patch knowledge being seeked. Answer

Quote:Supreme Cmdr "I have released an RC3 patch update. This requires that you had previously installed the RC1 update.

This patch is not available for download yet. To grab it, you have to "login" to your "profile" and there you will see the download link.

Aren't you glad you registered your copy of the game?"

And I too no longer have my RC1 saved games after installing RC3

Minor Observations:

Since the RC3 patch, whenever I use the "next target" (the < or >) keys to rotate thru possible enemies:

The dynamic star debris that pass around me, "jump" erradicatly. It's like it resets the particles.

Also not sure if this is new since RC3 but the laser firing (forward guns on non command ships) in space stops when I turn. I am using keyboard controls, not mouse or joystick, so I cannot verify this in other controller combos. But it hampers dogfighting tremendously. (not using a joystick hampers combat...yes I know) I spent most of my RC1 time exploring and not in combat which is why I have not seen this before.

Let me clarify "stops" I am holding down the enter key as I want the ship to re-up the lasers and fire, repeat, etc.... The joystick equivilent of just holding down the primary fire as you manuver.

Feel free to break this into new topics if needed.

Thanks.

Darkken-

About the keyboard control issue...it's not a problem with the game. I believe it is how the keyboard's circuitry is set up. I don't know if different keyboards (bargain vs. expensive) do it differently, but some keys are read before others. The keyboard then sends this first signal as if it was the only key pressed.

Usually it is only the control keys (Ctrl, Alt, and Shift) that are designed to work in combination with the other keys.

This has been my observation of how keyboards work, but I -may- be totally off base with this.

I hope this helps

Floyd.

I mentioned this before.. but I took it a bit further. I upgraded RC1 to RC3 and my save games no longer worked. I initially restarted a career with RC3, but was in such a fun situation with RC1 that I wiped out my install, reinstalled, patched to RC1, and started playing my RC1 save game again. Out of curiosity, I backed up my game dir and repatched to RC3 to see if my savegames would work (again). They didn't. I reverted to RC1 yet again, and plan to stay there until the full patch is released. If the savegames don't work on the full patch, then so be it. I'll restart when the time comes.

Just a word of warning to those upgrading to RC3 that have their hearts set on their savegame

" Sounds like...

Press and hold Enter-- lasers keep firing away.

While still holding Enter, press another key-- lasers stop firing. "

Yes this is what I am describing as it relates to flying and firing. I have a wireless keyboard setup, i will use a joystick and see if this goes away (this is prefered anyway).

My first observation was informational only: I just didn't think it is expected when something was one way before a patch and another way after as it relates to the stars jumping as you cycle thru targets. Looks odd. That's all I was pointing out. Again, I did not notice this in RC1, maybe someone can confirm that.

Antares, since you reverted to RC1 can you tell if this star particle change erratically as you cycle thru targets? Just curious.

quote:

Originally posted by Darkken Nightshade:

I just didn't think it is expected when something was one way before a patch and another way after as it relates to the stars jumping as you cycle thru targets. Looks odd. That's all I was pointing out. Again, I did not notice this in RC1, maybe someone can confirm that.

You should be more observant because NEITHER of those are changed in the patches. They work as designed. And before making someone else your guinea pig, why don't YOU uninstall, reinstall and then check it for yourself?

The "jumpy particles" is in all versions.

Unpatched, RC1 and RC3.

I only noticed in RC3 and was asking if anyone knew if it was like that before. Since Anteras was

commited to staying on RC1 for a while, it seemed like a good idea to leverage this commmunity and see if he could tell me if that was like it there as well. I'm not sure that it makes anyone a guinea pig.

Anyway, disregard it as an RC3 specific observation. And whether it gets changed down the line in last RC"s is of little concern.

It just looks "strange" to me. I'll add it to the First Impressions Thread, as a suggested change in later versions to make the game feel more polished.

[ 02-20-2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Darkken Nightshade ]

quote:

Originally posted by Darkken Nightshade:

It just looks "strange" to me. I'll add it to the First Impressions Thread, as a suggested change in later versions to make the game feel more polished.

After I had already posted that its normal, if you post about it in an unrelated thread, your posting rights will be revoked. I don't have time for foolishness.

I thought you established "First Impressions" thread for comments and thoughts which were just that: not related to issues or problems. ie: subjective.

I've posted other comments there on first impression, so I won't bother adding this to it, its too small to comment on at this point.

I'll stick to the sidelines unless I have a verified issue to report.