The AE is missing textures when on a planet

netshaman

Well, in FP mode my AE lose all but wrist laser, backpack and rifle gun textures, he is "naked" with only his white shape.

This don't occur in space.

I have a radeon 8500 with 64 Mo of memory on a ASUS mainboard with 512 Mo of ram and agp memory set to 64 Mo ( wich is the max i can select due to the i 815 chipset ).

Can you help me ?

P.S: Sorry for the info profile, but i cannot update it, the server tells me the CD key is already in use, so it can't be modified.

I had new graphics drivers for the radeon: the latest catalyst 4.2.

quote:

Dig out youre bcm key then and update it that way

Ok Profile updated !

Oh and i discovered that sometimes the AE is invisible

This happens to just one time.

I tried on differents planets (Trion and Earh ) in varaiable conditions (night and day ) and it is the same issue.

Tried it with transporter, exiting from SC or OC.

Same result : textures are missing.

Do you know if the radeon 8500 had problems with certain types of texturing or somewhat else ?

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

quote:

Dig out youre bcm key then and update it that way

Ok Profile updated !

Oh and i discovered that sometimes the AE is invisible

This happens to just one time.

I tried on differents planets (Trion and Earh ) in varaiable conditions (night and day ) and it is the same issue.

Tried it with transporter, exiting from SC or OC.

Same result : textures are missing.

Do you know if the radeon 8500 had problems with certain types of texturing or somewhat else ?

I've got a radeon running Cat 4.2 drivers... explain EXACTLY how to reproduce this... to the letter... and I will see if I can get it to happen... so far I've not seen any problems...

Ok, so start with a roam scenario, select aestrom or another vessel from the assets menu, goto tacops and select tactical, tell your AE to go to transporter, exit, select the Earth, observe and choose a place everywhere on the planet, select tranporter in the tacops menu, setpos and tranfer the AE on the surface, then press the F9 key to activate the external camera and see the AE have no texture exept the rifle, backpack and pulse laser.

Here you can see what it looks like :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/netshaman/PHOTO.JPG

quote:

Originally posted by netshaman:

Ok, so start with a roam scenario, select aestrom or another vessel from the assets menu, goto tacops and select tactical, tell your AE to go to transporter, exit, select the Earth, observe and choose a place everywhere on the planet, select tranporter in the tacops menu, setpos and tranfer the AE on the surface, then press the F9 key to activate the external camera and see the AE have no texture exept the rifle, backpack and pulse laser.

Here you can see what it looks like :

I've done a LOT of surface activities... and I've watched myself in third person a lot too... nothing looks wrong...

Tell me what all of your graphics settings are set at(*IMPORTANT*)...

If it still doesn't look right... which race / caste etc you selected...

If all else fails... go into your control panel, uninstall your ATI drivers, control panel, and anything else ATI and re-install your cat 4.2s... in fact try that today... because I wont be home 'till after 2:30 today (its 9:20 in the morning now)

My graphics settings are:

Direct3d:

anisotropic filtering: 16X

Antialiasing: application preference

Texture: High quality

Mipmap: High quality

Vertical sync: Application preference

Truform: Application ppreference

Zbuffer32: activated

Dithering alpha:Error diffusion

DXT:Activated

Alternate pixel center:Off

Open GL:

Antialiasing: Off

Anisotropic :16X

Texture: High quality

Mipmap: High quality

Vertical sync: Off by default

Truform: application preference

Z-buffer: off

Triple buffering : activated

Dithering : Error diffusion

My race and caste is the terran military.

I had deinstalled and reinstalled the cat 4.2s and the textures on the AE are back but one time the shape of the AE was "polygonised" err i don't have the perfect word for this but it looks like some polygons that are stacked in an disodered manner to try to achieve the form of the AE shape.

Sorry to not being precise at this point but it is hard for me to describe this with my limited knowledge of english.

Cheers.