• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Banquet:

I guess this whole debacle probably means my invite into the beta team is on hold, eh?!

LOL!!!

I don't know, you may still be in luck...

SC are you looking for a drunken monkey by any chance?

Just wanted to say thank you for the new updates. The Quicksave is a welcome feature, and I am grateful that you listen to such requests (I was one of those who asked for it). And thanks for the Roam Training mode .

I have not encountered any new problems thus far.

Two posts deleted. The NEXT person who

1. Posts something in here that is already discussed

2. Posts in here without a proper sig (so that I can check out their system specs

Will get banned without warning. Thats that.

Hey, I said it in another thread elsewhere: thank you for the "Roam - no auto-NPC generation" scenario you added in RC 7. That's worth its weight in gold.

(With apologies to Guiness)

No evil intruders or being shot up while I figure out the keyboard chart? BRILLIANT!

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of comments on RC7:

I notice the shuttle problem mentioned earlier, where a shuttle seems to wander aimlessly around after being given an order to tow, collect cargo, and sometimes even RTB. Sending them to a navigation point or moon, and then repeating the original order takes care of the problem most of the time.

I was on Hadar9 goofing off until my drones filled up and decided to check out FP mode. When I exited the ship, my view kept skewing to the upper-left, and I couldn't seem to get it to stop. I use mouse controls in UC, no joystick at all. All other FP controls appeared to work correctly.

[ 03-26-2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Cantata ]

• 3 weeks later...

Im running RC7 at the moment and have been able to replicate this twice.

New game in roam mode

land on a planet (earth)

get in shuttle

go to galcom hq

loadup with goods

exit galcom

jump to jupiter

when entering jupiter my graphics go all wierd

can see all the controls but it looks almost like colored paper in front of me.

Im running a radeon 9600 with 256meg ram on it

any suggestions. haven't tried a fighter yet.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Known driver issue

When you say known driver issue, do you speak of the driver for the ATI Radeon 9600 or something else.

As it stands the game is unplayable as it is continuously crashing, but only crashes when the graphics mess up. I really want to play this game. Suggestion would be really appreciated. I have and play a vast number of games and don't have any graphic issues. They all work. Does anybody else have this problem with their card.

Your help would be appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by Piewackit:

yes, it is the graphics driver; however, the new patch comes out today, so this issue may be resolved. Look at the path information.

The patch has nothing to do with that. Graphics anomalies like that are related to the video card driver.

If you can't play the game because you can't go to Jupiter, uhm, well, what can I tell you?

I'm using a 9600pro witn no problems other than a driver issue resulting in anomolies on jumpgates and in FP mode with stations so it shouldn't be with the video card unless you haven't upgraded drivers for a REALLY long time

Lets see I tried the original drivers that I got on the CD, Os is a new build. Windows 2000; I'll try winxp as that is slightly a bit better for gaming. I updated the driver but haven't had a chance to test that yet. BTW it only happens while in a shuttle