Multiplayer - fp controls problem

zeus72

I have a problem with the formulations of the controls, in single player everything is ok, while in multiplayer the movement in before it is tied up to the inclination of the view of the character, instead that to the key "w", as happens for the single player.

[ 03-15-2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I'll try to translate if he'll be more confortable writing in italian...

Ciao zeus72, se il problema è l'inglese prova a descrivermi il problema in italiano e cercherò di tradurlo per il boss.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

wot?

I *THINK* he means that the W key makes your body or ship or whatever hes using rotate foward and backward. I.E. Pitching up or down

If you hold shift to use your mouse to roll your ship left and right, and hold W to engage your thrusters... SHIFT+W makes you pitch foward which I think he means by "inclination" -INCLINE... so that may be his problem?

I am aware of a view shift in multiplayer when in first person, thats probably what he's talking about. Its a known and documented issue and which I plan on fixing this week (along with a multitude of other mp issues).

scusate ma il traduttore ,deve aver fatto una traduzione un p├▓ precaria.

comunque il problema riguarda il movimento del personaggio , in prima persona.

In multiplayer il movimento in avanti, e indietro dipende dall' inclinazione della visuale del personaggio,mentre in single player è tutto ok

grazie

excuse me for the bad translation

Guest HRose

He says:

The problem is about the movement in first person.

In multiplayer the movement (back and forward) depends on the inclination of the visual, while this doesn't happen in single player.

quote:

Originally posted by HRose:

He says:

The problem is about the movement in first person.

In multiplayer the movement (back and forward) depends on the inclination of the visual, while this doesn't happen in single player.

quote:

Origionally Posted by SC Oh-So-Many-Times:

wot?

I don't think it has to do with the drift, but I could be wrong as I'm not too sure what he's saying anyway... er... either of them lol

Dennymala, maybe you could try chatting with this guy and see what hes having problems with?

"I think they're trying to communicate!"

...Well I must say that HRose translate it correctly and I haven't got UC yet... (and not going to get it until all the mess with DC will be cleared out...)...so I can't truly understand what the problem is ..... seem like the FP movement system is different between single player and multiplayer.... in single player the character moves forward and backward normally, while in multi play the direction of the movement depends from the inclination of the view.....

This make me think of the difference between movement on the surface of a planet and in space..... maybe ZEUS can clarify us a bit.....

• 2 weeks later...

Moved from a now deleted (was duplicate) thread

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

Has anyone else noticed something 'a little strange' about forward /reverse movement in multiplayer first person mode?

First of all this happens in MP only,not SP.Using any career go to a planet if you are not already there and exit your asset.Immediately you will move forward or backward depending on the mouse position.Moving the mouse 'down' on the mousepad will move you forward and 'up' will move you backward,and this is independent of any 'W' or 'S' key command.Moving mouse to the midscreen position will almost,but not completly,stop the movement.In fact this motion is more like gliding than the normal walking or running motion.While 'gliding' switching to a external camera angle (F9) indicates no motion is occuring.You can crouch or go prone with no effect.And the status bar does not indicate any command to move.

Going into config and reversing Y axis does reverse the effect.Going into config and switching to keyboard only (no mouse) controls has no effect.

I've checked VCF,manual,etc. and do not see anything about this.If someone else could verify this I would appreciate it,just so the SC doesn't think I'm crazy.

BTW this is 100 percent reproducible,not an intermittent problem.

Also this doesn't have anything to do with mouselook.Switching on mouselook will stop the motion but releasing mouselook it will continue.

Thanks..