Crash while in hyperspace with revised engine profile

Lestat9

This problem happened by chance but i was able to reproduce it ,Using RC7.

In hyper space if your engine is damaged and its a long trip if it dies in the process,while in hyperspace, when you stop and get it back up before you turn it on you will notice in HSPACE meter on the screen it will say -1. When you click on that and turn on the engine it will crash to windows. I was able to reproduce this by turning off engines(in Logistix/POWER) in Hyperspace,enabling them before finishing hyper space trip, then you see -1 and when you finish hyperspace trip , when you turn on the engine on the screen it crashes the same way...

[ 03-02-2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

This is the fastest way to reproduce this error

1. Start a roam game

2. Commander /Super carrier/firestorm

(Should work with any combination)

3. Once the game is loaded select a hyper space target(something over 1000 miles away)

4. Hyper space to it when you see HS and see your speed starting go to Logistix / Power.

5. Turn off the power to the engine.

6. Log off

7. Still in Hyperspace go back to logistix/Power and turn it back on(to 5) shouldnt matter though.

8. Everything looks fine but when you come out of Hyperspace, the Hspace indicator will be -1 and when you slect that and turn on engine it will crash to windows.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I can't reproduce this. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Tried this following the instructions.I can reproduce the -1 power level upon entering normal space,but turning on the engine just gives the 'engine startup' sound and the power level slowly starts to ramp up.No crash to desktop.

Tried it on two different systems.Same results.

I also can't reproduce the CTD. Here's what I experience:

After shutting down the engine in logistix/power, HS (from the bridge) indicates the engine is off. However, when I go back into logistix/power and turn it back on, the bridge HS indicator still indicates the the engine is off. After coming out of HS, it shows -1. Selecting Hdrive and turning on the engine from there, returns everything to normal.