occassional hard lock

map

well, the last couple of times i was viewing a probe in tacops. if my memory serves me well[and it doesn't] it has happened a couple of times coming out of h/s. i've been gaming a long time and i can live with this being an aberation of my setup, but any help would be appreciated. i have lowered acceleration under dx on my sound card. and the normal caveat, my other games run trouble free. my drivers are all updated. however, i am using the omega drivers for my 9700 pro. this is not a game killer for me, i'll just save more often. it would be nice to get an easy answer.

[ 06-08-2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: map ]

reading the trouble shooting log i had reduced my sound acceleration down a tick. i went back again and reduced it to normal acceleration. been playing for about ten hours without a lock up. for what it's worth.

using dx diag you can have no acceleration, basic, standard or full acceleration. following the fact[see i do read] i "decreased one notch" to standard. i was still getting the occasional lock. since i've never been crazy about the sblive's performance on this machine, i thought what the hell and went in and reduced acceleration to basic. that's where i am at and uc has been running great. i'm not trying to clutter the boards but i thought this might help someone.

I never accused you of cluttering the board. If you want to be helpful, be accurate. If you read my previous post again, you will see what I was asking and why. i.e. there is no setting for normal acceleration.