Repair Issues

Zoltan89

I am running UC with the 2.00.10 patch. In the savegame that I have (no quicksaves used) a few components were damaged (one being the hull/armor).

When I repaired the armor, the logistics screen showed that the armor was at 100% but the system was shown in gray, like it was damaged. I then told my engineers to repair it. One minute later it the game said, "Hull/armor has been repaired". Immediately after saying that it said, "Hull/armor has been destroyed". I looked at the status on the left and both hull and armor meters showed 0. When I went back into the repair screen the component was red and showed 0%. I tried to repair it with no sucess. The ship acts like normal except when you hit something, even a cargo pod, the ship immediately blows up. It does the same thing with any other components that were repaired to 100% and then told to be repaired again. It does not do this with any other save games. Any suggestions?

Send in the saved game with a description of the problem and I'll take a quick look. Make sure that your PC date/time is correct.

If the ship blows up when you collide with something, thats because a critical system was destroyed during the collision.

The savegame has been sent. The email subject is "repair issues" and the profile name is "profile_repair_issues" (I know, I am not very creative). The armor has already been repaired with the problem listed above. I just found out that it only seems to have the problem with the hull/armor about it getting destroyed after repairing it. The other systems still show up as gray when they are at 100% until you repair them again. Also after the hull/armor has been destroyed by the way listed above I cannot repair it or replace it. You could try to repair another system up to 100% and then it might turn gray like it was still damaged.

Ps. Ignore the profile name. That is just my nickname which I picked up a long time ago and I just stick with it.

So, what exactly is it I am supposed to be looking for? And why do you think that the operation is abnormal?

I have deleted the saved game. Next time, I don't want to play ANY guessing games. You have to be CLEAR and PRECISE. I'm not anyone's personal butler. Once you can accurately describe and articulate the problem, feel free to repost and resubmit the saved game.

The hull/armor status should have been at zero since I tried to repair it. You should have checked that since I think that that is impossible to get by taking normal damage. You should also have checked in the logistics repair screen to see that components repaired to 100% are shown as gray like they are damaged. You could also have tried to repair the armor and found out that the game wouldn't let you, in a station or not. Lastly you could have tried to repair a system back to 100%, and it should have shown up as gray, like it was still damaged but repairs have stopped, even though you didn't stop them. If none of these problems occured, Then it must be my installation. If it is my installation, then I am deeply sorry for troubling you. If you didn't see any of these problems, can you please tell me so that I may reinstall the game?

Also, I thought that the operation was abnormal because of this: First I got into a combat situation. My shields went down and my hull/armor took minor damage(down to about 98%). I then told my engineers to repair the armor. After a while the game told me that repairs were complete. When I looked at the logistics repair screen later, the armor status line was gray and at 100%, Like repairs had stopped at 100% and it was still damaged. I told my engineers to repair it again, thinking that it had very minor damages left. A few seconds later it said that repairs were complete. Immediately after it said that the hull/armor has been destroyed. Both hull and armor meters on the left then showed 0. I was not hit by anything in that time. I had my shields up also and I did not run into anything either. So somehow my hull/armor was destroyed soon after telling my engineers to repair it when it was at 100% status, which you normally can't do.

[ 06-13-2004, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Zoltan89 ]

I have a similar problem. If a system is damaged just barely, the components will be repaired, but the system will remail at 99%. I keep trying to repair, but to no avail. The system will always remain at 99%

Tested all kinds of things, seems to have started on the 2.00.11 patch

[ 06-15-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Ditto00 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Zoltan89:

You should have checked that since I think that that is impossible to get by taking normal damage.

I shouldn't have to do ANYTHING - especially not with a game that has a QS signature.

quote:

Originally posted by Ditto00:

I have a similar problem. If a system is damaged just barely, the components will be repaired, but the system will remail at 99%. I keep trying to repair, but to no avail. The system will always remain at 99%

It works as designed because 99% is a valid value for units being repaired or replaced. If they ever get to be 100%, it will be gradual and eventual.

quote:

Tested all kinds of things, seems to have started about the 2.00.10 or 11 patch

Its always been that way. And had you read the manual, you would have known that even 98% integrity is not enough to flag a component as being damaged.

"You should have checked that since I think that that is impossible to get by taking normal damage." -sorry, should say could instead of should.

Anyway, My problem has been resolved. It turns out that my brother played MY game, Loaded MY savegame and then used a QUICKSAVE! I did not know of this and I didn't notice that he had played. I used the resume button to load the game as usual so my game was corrupted. Sorry for bothering you SC.

Now, I have someone to

Fine, Don't believe me then. I am telling the truth though. I take it you never had any siblings because you don't seem to know how they can get into your stuff. My brother is 16 so he knows how to do things on the computer and he played MY game. I really am sorry for bothering you though about this since he screwed it up. He also told me how he used the quicksave. He said that he pressed control Q to quit like you can do in some games. He didn't know that that is the quicksave command.

PS. Thank you VERY much for getting rid of that in the 2.00.11 patch.

CANT......NNNEEEEDDD...MMMOOOORRRREEE......CCCCOOOFFFFEEEE

Ps. Did you really need to change the threat prosecution matrix? Before I could easily take a station and now it is like instant gibbage whenever I attack an enemy station.

• 4 weeks later...

After a little searching on the tech support forum, I found this topic that might help me figure out a problem I've been having.

Here are the tech stats that work into this problem:

UC version: v2.00.11 (RC)

Quicksave?: No

I recently (began late June) started a game as the commander of a Battlecruiser MK3, the GCV-Orion. Now during combat I've taken some damage to my systems, including the main life support. MLS shows 89% in both the SSD (System Status Display) and in the Logistix Craft scan on the CC. When I try to repair the MLS, however, two weird things - first, it says that there are no parts to be used on this repair, which seems suspicious since the MLS was damaged to 89%. Second, the end time for the repair will be the same time as the starting time of the repair, even if there is only one Systems Engineer working on it!

While this certainly seems annoying, it could become a devastating problem if I can't repair the MLS when it's at, say, 30% integrity. A similar sort of problem (but also one that's properly in game) occurs on FC 1 (Interceptor MkII), which has a 99% integrity for its Communications - hardly worth trifling with, really. But with 89% integrity on the Main Life Support and an inability to repair it higher than that, it could have consequences if the system is damaged further and yet still cannot be repaired.

Now, it MAY be possible that save game overwriting (that is, saving a game on the slot of an old save) somehow corrupted the game, but I don't really think that's the case. I also know I haven't done any quicksaves, unless I accidentally pressed the keys involved. If a Quicksave signature does turn up on the savegame, that may solve the problem right there...

I will send the save game as soon as you ask for it, Supreme Commander.

Look at the repair screen in the logistix interface and if you clik on the system to assign engineers to do the job, you'll see a list of spare parts needed to do the repair; green ones are available, yellow are scarce and red ones are unavailable thus not allowing you to completed the repair.

Or try docking to a starstation and access the TRADCOM interface, look to the spare part tab and scroll each page until the end searching for quantities with a bar "/"....this means that you need some of these to repair your systems (needed/in stock)...

You probably don't have enough spare parts to fully repair your life support, you can avoid to buy them directly and go to the logistix screen and assign the stations engineers to do the job; they'll carry the needed parts with them and you will then be able to launch and continue the repairs with your engineers.

It's not quite so simple as that, Denny. Regardless of whether the parts are available or not, the Logistix repair screen shows that the Main Life Support doesn't NEED any parts, despite being at 89% integrity! It also happens regardless of whether I'm at a starstation or not...

Either the game has a bit of a bug in it, the savegame got corrupted somehow, or that MLS unit is pretty darn shoddy...

• 1 month later...

quote:

quote:

It works as designed because 99% is a valid value for units being repaired or replaced. If they ever get to be 100%, it will be gradual and eventual.

I've seen something similar as well. In my case, FC1 had a system at 99%. I docked with GCHQ near earth and initiated repairs. The estimated complete time was the same as the start time (even with a single engineer) and I just let it go. I checked back (while still docked) in a little bit and the repairs were suspended, and the system was still at 99%. So, again, I selected it, and assigned SEs to it. Each time it turns blue, indicates a completion time the same as the start time, but then shortly later switches to white and shows the suspended mode. SC, I know you indicated that 99% is valid since repairs are gradual, but since they keep going into suspended state while docked at GCHQ (which should indicate there aren't any parts issues), I thought this might not fall in that category.

Note also that when this happened I was able to get other systems repaired, so it wasn't like the station SEs weren't working properly.

[ 08-30-2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: coder_1024 ]

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by coder_1024:

I have a similar problem.

I'm getting the same thing with a few of my FC's in UC 2.00.13. 2 of them have armor at around 60% and are listed as yello. I have serveral FC H/A Repair Kits on hand, and that is the only part listed as being needed.

I start the repair, with 1 SE, and the time ending is the same as the time started. It shows as blue at that point, and in the main logistix screen I see the SE assigned to FC1 - Armor. If I go into the Tactical screen, launch, and look at FC1 it's listed as being in engenering, and that the armor is being repaired.

However the armor % never increases. Also if I go back into the logistix screen while the repair is active, and look at FC1 the armor is white and shows as being supsended.

FC4 on the other hand was very banged up, and the armor was listed at around 14%, I am however able to repair that, and other systems on that FC, as well as systems on my CC.

I've done this both at stations and with my own SE and had the same effect.

Vanor, read page 38 last paragraph and page 39 first paragraph of the manual. Could your problem be explained by this text?

Don't repair systems that are 99%. They work just as good as when they were 100% plus you have the benefit of being able to micromanage your SE's.

When you have several systems on your ship that are 98-99% then you can use them as an adress to send your SE's somewhere, by giving them a repair order. By doing so you can keep your repair-capacity (the SE's) away from intruder infested areas.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Did you WAIT until a certain amount of time has passed? If so, how much time?

Yes, what I did last night was que up serveral repairs at once, both at a station and with my own SE's. Most of the reapirs took 10 odd min's to complete, and I never touched a SE until they showed as avaible in the logitix screen.

FC1 and FC2 have been in this 60% armor state for serveral hours now, and I've attempted to repair them on 5 or so different occasions, each time with the same effect, a SE gets assigned, with the time start/end being the same, they look like in every way they are repairing the armor, but the % does not go up.

I would say that there has been at least a hour or so between repair attempts, and I always wait for the repair to complete before I do anything with that SE.

quote:

Don't repair systems that are 99%.

These systems aren't at 99% they are at 60%, but I'll look over the pages you mention when I get home in case I missed something in the manual.