Repair Issues

Zoltan89

Uhm, SC.

He states he has FC hull/Armor repair kits and there are no more materials required for a support-craft system.

If his CE wouldn't be on station, the appendix tells me that this will cause the repair to take 5-25 minutes longer.

He is able to repair his other FC so that's not the problem.

In the two paragraphs I mentioned is explained that if a system gets further damage while being repaired the first repair-order is carried out in full and then the repair-order for the extra damage starts. If the repairs got interupted just before completing the first job, I could see why the engineers have problems with it. You are telling the assigned SE to work exactly zero minutes on that repair-order.

At least try your worst SE (lowest AI) when he's very tired and hungry (and barely alive), without CE on station to see if you can get the repairtime over the 1 minute mark.

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

Uhm, SC.

He states he has FC hull/Armor repair kits and there are no more materials required for a support-craft system.

If his CE wouldn't be on station, the appendix tells me that this will cause the repair to take 5-25 minutes longer.

He is able to repair his other FC so that's not the problem.

Irrelevant.

I wasn't basing my post on just those items; there may be others required (e.g. repair minerals).

And the reason I mentioned the CE is because of the extended time it would take.

Further, had you actually READ what he wrote, you would see that NOWHERE did he say that he attempted the repairs to that other fighter, at the same time. So, for all intent and purposes and going by the merits of the post, he could have been talking about another instance where he was able to repair the other FC, rather than during the problematic session in question.

There are NO problems in the repair process.

The next time you decide to correct me about a game I wrote and which I know better than you know whats in your cereal; think twice about it. I don't like typing unnecessary follow up posts because it is a WASTE of my valuable time.

Now, if I request his saved game and find the issue is on his end are you willing to put your ego where your mouth is and agree to being banned for six months? You're not so sure now, are you?

Vanor, locate the thread which shows how to pack up and send saved games. Then pack up the saved game profile you are playing and send to me directly at [email protected] and I will investigate it for you.

If its not a bug, I'm banning dreadx for a month because I have posted TOO MANY messages telling people that unless you know what you're talking about (as it relates to tech support, how to play the game etc), don't confuse people; especially n00bies to the game. Thats why we have beta testers, BC vets etc etc who usually help them go through and check everything possible. Any one of them who thinks its a problem, will try to reproduce it, request a saved game etc etc instead of posting assumptions only to further compound and confuse the issue.

quote:

If its not a bug, I'm banning dreadx for a month because I have posted TOO MANY messages telling people that unless you know what you're talking about (as it relates to tech support, how to play the game etc), don't confuse people

Regardless of what you find in his save-game, you should ban me for at least two months.

One for posting the last three sentences in my previous post (those are rubbish and I apologize for causing confusion) and One for not realising that I posted in the tech-support forum and not the game-discussion forum (because I didn't give it the proper amount of attention required as I was late for bed).

I don't think the six months ban would apply because I also think the problem is on his end.

quote:

There are NO problems in the repair process.

Software-wise, you are the only one who can know this and I take your word for it.

Gameplay-wise, there are problems, because you programmed them in there (ie the situations that prevent repairs from being carried out like not having all the right parts)

It's my mistake to use the word "problems" in a tech-support thread while thinking I'm in a gameplay related thread. Two months punishment should do the trick of letting me learn to keep my eyes open before posting.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I wasn't basing my post on just those items; there may be others required (e.g. repair minerals).

There were no other parts or items listed as being needed for this repair, that I could see.

quote:

Further, had you actually READ what he wrote, you would see that NOWHERE did he say that he attempted the repairs to that other fighter, at the same time.

I've done both. Tried to repair the armor on FC1, while fixing FC4, SC's and the CC, and attempted it when nothing else was being repaired. All cases had the same effect, start/end time the same and no change to that system.

FC4 was rather banged up, and I was able to repair that to 100% for all systems, but I can't seem to get FC1 and FC3's armor to be repaired.

quote:

Vanor, locate the thread which shows how to pack up and send saved games. Then pack up the saved game profile you are playing and send to me directly at [email protected] and I will investigate it for you.

I'll do that tonight. But if you're convenced that it's on my end, I'd hate to waste your time tracking this down for me.

quote:

Originally posted by dreadx:

quote:

If its not a bug, I'm banning dreadx for a month because I have posted TOO MANY messages telling people that unless you know what you're talking about (as it relates to tech support, how to play the game etc), don't confuse people

Regardless of what you find in his save-game, you should ban me for at least two months.

I have no intentions of banning you at this time. At least now others will pay attention.

You KNOW the procedure around here. If its a bug, telling me about it is IRRELEVANT unless it can be 100% reproduced by someone else - especially a vet or Beta team member. And once confirmed, it goes into the VCF. There are several such instances in this very thread of this and I do NOT tolerate nor appreciate people wasting my goddamn time because they haven't taken the time to RTFM nor learn how to play the game (especially since there is also a 80 page tutorial on it).

Look at this thread. How many posts do you see of people reporting BOGUS problems because they're too STUPID and LAZY to read instructions in Red about how to patch the damn game? We used to delete such posts, but now we leave them as testament to the crap that goes on and WHY we don't bother with ANY bug reports unless it can be verified.

And no, ...sorry, my bad doesn't cut it. I don't have tech monkeys I'm paying 24-7 to deal with abject STUPIDITY. We're a small dev team and any amount of downtime, is not good enough. Thats why the tech support forums for ALL game companies are littered with rubbish and time wasting rhetoric by stupid and incompetent idiots who wouldn't know what a modem is if it were powering their goddamn microwaves. My games are rated T. And that means the gamer should - at the very least - possess half a brain. Or at the very least, the part that controls READING and COMPREHENSION.

Yes, I'm sick of it.

quote:

Originally posted by Vanor:

quote:

I'll do that tonight. But if you're convenced that it's on my end, I'd hate to waste your time tracking this down for me.

I didn't ask for another pointless explanation. Just send me the saved game and please do NOT post again until you do.

SC, just incase this is realivent, the latest patch 2.00.14 won't load the saved game I sent you, which may or may not mean anything regarding my problem.

Either way just thought I'd let you know in case it mattered.

I did get the file and checked it out and I did send you a reply email. The file looked fine to me (though it does have a problem and thats why it won't load into 2.00.14) and the reason you can't repair a 60% unit is because it is not damaged enough to be considered inoperable. Thats why when you - as you said - exit the craft and damage it to 54%, you can repair it.

Its in the manual.

• 5 months later...

I've read the above thread and I am having a similar problem with my craft. I'm Running the latest patch,(2.00.26) correctly installed. Since I did that, I decided that I would build up the AI on my crew, so I landed on earth and shut every non-vital system. Sent out the drones and just let it go. ALL systems were stable at green levels when I landed (All above 95%) After a few days of mining I got the message that the main computer had been damaged.

I thought it was odd, because I had been parked, but hey... things break. SO, I assigned a crew to fix it. Which they did. All the way back to 100%. THEN, I got a message saying that the main computer was damaged again. So I ordered more repairs. This happened about 4 or 5 times. Each time I would repair it to 100%, then it would break down to 50% and is listed grey on the logistix menu. All the time without leaving the surface of the planet. I did go into space and attempt repairs there, as well as at Galcom HQ. Each time, as soon as the repairs are ÔÇ£doneÔÇØ, the system spontaneously breaks down to 50%.

I did a little checking and what it LOOKS like is, as long as my system engineers ARE NOT on station. This damage does not occur. Even when I dock at HQ. If I go in quickly and tell all sys. eng. to go to medibay, this damage will NOT occur. The moment any System Engineer goes on station, the main computer becomes damaged down to 50%. I have all necessary repair items, including 2 spare main computers. But it WILL NOT let me replace the system. And when I choose repair, it shows that NO spare parts are needed.

IÔÇÖm sure I could live with constant repairs, but I have other repairs that need to be done, I have to take them all OFF the Main computer and re-assign them to something else BEFORE their AI sends them back to the main computer.

IÔÇÖm not sure whatÔÇÖs going on here , but if anyone has an idea, I would sure love to hear it!