Unable to select AE's career or race

Delphidex

I have loaded the game as well as the most recent patch. I have loaded DX9. I can run the game in Roam Mode. I can run in Instant Action. I can even run the game in Campaign mode if all I ever want to be is a Terran Commander. When I select a new profile to create in campaign mode, I see the human commander image, and I can enter a name and an asset name. However, there are no other controls to change on the screen (other than Accept and Cancel). I would really like to start out with a non-commander campaign! Please help.

I thought I saw a similar post dealing with the Anti-aliasing, but that did not fix the problem...

Thanks for replying. This site is somewhat confusing and I am sure you have tried to tie together everything you would like people to do, but it helps having you lay out the links for me like that! I hope I am now in compliance!

Thanks.

Here is my issue:

OPERATING SYSTEM: (winXP)

OS ENVIRONMENT: (1280x1024/32-bit) (I'm not sure what you mean by Depth in the OS Environment)

GAME ENVIRONMENT: (1280x1024/mode/32/32)

GAME VERSION: (2.00.11)

GAME TYPE: (campaign)

CAREER/RACE/CASTE: NONE AVAILABLE

ASSET/LAUNCH BASE: NONE AVAILABLE

PROBLEM

I start the program. From the main screen I select Campaign. I select one of the profiles (they are all blank at this time). The screen displays a male terran. The only inputs available are "Name" and "Asset". I can either "Accept" or "Cancel." I can not edit the Asset Name, only the name. If I chose Accept, I start a terran commander campaign. I have no means of changing race or career.

TO REPRODUCE

As above.

Thanks. I had read that. I just thought "For this reason, you do not have the same game selections as the Roam game mode" meant that there would still be more than just "play as terran commander." If that is the only choice, then my game is working fine.

Before I loaded the 2.00 patches though (tried it as soon as it was loaded), I did see "Career", "Gear", and "Asset" buttons on this screen. They must have been intentionally removed in version two? Thanks again for you posting.

I do realize that by asking this i put myself into the position of appearing as "dumb", but as someone who died a long, long time ago said, "the road to wisdom passes through the kingdom of dumbness"; or something like that.

Anyway... is this stamenent true?

"There is only ONE campaign, and it is for a Terran Commander ONLY, there are NOT any campaigns for the marine career or the fighter pilot career".

If it is, then thanks.

But if it isn't, then how can I select the marine or fighter pilot campaigns?

In any case, thanks for the appreciated support. *bows*

[ 06-23-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Skree ]

Done that, of course... probably it is different from the american edition, for i can't see the answer there:

http://sssra.web.ctonet.it/Universal%20Combat.jpg

In any case, i have found the answer through other means, so thanks anyway an... uh... wait, "a 25 missions campaign"? Is that what you were referring to? In this case, i fear i am sorely wrong, and even in this case thank you anyway. :-)

I'll make a search on the forum, now, there is a question that came to my mind reading carefully all the statements on the back of the box, about the editor.

EDIT: i found several topics. I won't ask questions of any kind.

Thanks for everything.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

What did you miss? Its the second bullet point right there in the image.

In fact

quote:

an... uh... wait, "a 25 missions campaign"? Is that what you were referring to? In this case, i fear i am sorely wrong

I had seen it, i was just roleplaying a little bit while writing. Sorry, it is a "style of writing" i adopt sometimes on forums, i'll avoid that in the future if it is a problem.