Save Game disappeared?!

Rob2222

Hello,

I stopped playing last night, after a CTD. Now I would like to continue, but my save games disappeared. I have 2 slots (tutorial and campaign) and each with 2 / 3 savegames. Slot 1 is ok, but all 3 savegames in slot 2 disappeared and I didn't have a name in slot2.

I checked the save directory, the savegames are present, but not shown in UC.

BTW, is it normal that UC crashes from time to time? I installed clean and patched (the right way) but I get still some random crashes. Normal I reload the savegame and continue. But not this time...

Best regards

Robert

If you had a crash, then the data that contains the saved game information will probably be trashed.

There are no fatal crashes in the game. If you are getting crashes, it is a problem on your end.

Please fix your sig properly and enter the rest of the information in your registration profile.

Hello SC,

profile is updated but what is the problem with my signature?

Well, thats easy to say the problem is on my side. But I didn't have an idea what's the matter. My windows installation is 2 weeks old and I configured my system stable before windows installation. Prime95 and Memtest86 run 12h withour errors each. I have no other problems with this PC, too. The UC installation? Well I installed it clean and after that I run the 2 patches in logical order from within the UC directory. What can I make more?

Well, can it be, that the player.sav or the player.log file is defect? So that I can save my savegame? If not, how can 4 savegames go bad in one time?

24.09.2004 14:18 34.450 player.log

24.09.2004 14:18 565.248 player.sav

18.09.2004 15:54 1.578.017 player0.sg0

18.09.2004 17:58 1.634.958 player0.sg1

24.09.2004 14:18 1.634.805 player0.sgd

24.09.2004 04:14 1.868.029 player1.sg0

24.09.2004 03:54 1.881.462 player1.sg2

23.09.2004 15:15 1.757.630 player1.sg9

24.09.2004 04:41 1.034.752 player1.sgd

Is the latest UC version really 105% rock stable with no single crash? When I accidently hit the windows button and switch to windows, EVERY time switching back to UC the game crashes. Sound loops and screen didnt come up. So I only can end the process. Is this normal or only at my system?

Best regards

Robert

[ 09-24-2004, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Rob2222 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Rob2222:

Hello SC,

profile is updated but what is the problem with my signature?

If you look at everyone else's signature and then go back and read the instructions, you will see the problem with yours.

quote:

Well, can it be, that the player.sav or the player.log file is defect? So that I can save my savegame? If not, how can 4 savegames go bad in one time?

Only ONE file contains the saved game data structure and if it is corrupt or is from an incompatible version of the game, it will not be recognized. And if its not recognized, it will not be loaded.

quote:

Is the latest UC version really 105% rock stable with no single crash? When I accidently hit the windows button and switch to windows, EVERY time switching back to UC the game crashes. Sound loops and screen didnt come up. So I only can end the process. Is this normal or only at my system?

Can't help you with that. Contact Microsoft or look in this tech support section for an existing thread that has some solutions you can try.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

If you look at everyone else's signature and then go back and read the instructions, you will see the problem with yours.

Sorry, I don't want to make a riddle here. Only say whats wrong and I change it. The only difference between my sig and other sigs is that I have a standard link and that you could not mean I think.

quote:

Only ONE file contains the saved game data structure and if it is corrupt or is from an incompatible version of the game, it will not be recognized. And if its not recognized, it will not be loaded.

OK, how important is the structure file? Can I recreate it anyhow? Do you thought about changing this system? Its not very good imho, when you loose all saves with one crash. It would be really bad when you play a month and then you loose your saved game.

quote:

Can't help you with that. Contact Microsoft or look in this tech support section for an existing thread that has some solutions you can try.

OK I can understand that you can't help me with problems at my PC. So normally you are able to switch to windows and back without a crash? Thats important for me to know.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

My daughter gave me a quick solution for this one. I'll post it as soon as I find the old thread.

Hello Marvin,

so you have that problem too? Do you found a hint or a other solution than destroying your windows key, yet?

Best regards and thx for help

Robert

quote:

Originally posted by Rob2222:

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

My daughter gave me a quick solution for this one. I'll post it as soon as I find the old thread.

Hello Marvin,

so you have that problem too? Do you found a hint or a other solution than destroying your windows key, yet?

Yeah, I found the thread, too ... but it was locked (closed).

Try this:

When you hit the Windows key, the game reverts to an icon on your menu bar. Before you do anything else, find a blank spot on your desktop then do the following ...

[*]Left click on the icon ... your screen should go blank (black).

[*]In the blind, move your cursor toward that blank spot on desktop ... in any case, move it far enough so it's off the menu bar. You won't be able to actually see the cursor so just guess.

[*]Rapidly click the left mouse button ... keep doing it until the game comes back on screen.

[*]If, after the game comes back, part of the graphics are missing, go to a different screen (e.g. TacOps, rear view, etc.) then back to the bridge view.

It works for me.