Multiplayer Issues

Supreme Cmdr

I still am unable to join a mp game on my LAN that is not connected to the net.

I did a complete uninstall and delete. Then reinstalled v.1 from the retail CD. Patched to v.20. Connected fine with mp, though get server disco after 15 to 20 min. Patched to v.27. Get "unable to verify key, try again later" message.

Thanks,

Cdr_Tane

As of .27, the CD-KEY is only authenticated when you start the MP client. The machine needs to be connected to the internet for this to happen.

This only happens once.

Thereafter, as long as your CD-KEY ini file exists in the game folder, this authentication will not be done again.

If you attempt to copy that file to another machine, in an attempt to use more than one copy of the game on a LAN; it won't work.

If the client cannot connect to the CD-KEY auth server in order to authenticate (for the first time only) the CD-KEY, then the key will not be validated.

You can only auth one copy of the game. Any attempt to run/auth more than one copy of the game on a LAN is a violation of copyright and there are rules in place to prevent this from happening.

quote:

Originally posted by Cdr_Tane:

I did a complete uninstall and delete. Then reinstalled v.1 from the retail CD. Patched to v.20. Connected fine with mp, though get server disco after 15 to 20 min. Patched to v.27. Get "unable to verify key, try again later" message.

Thanks,

Cdr_Tane

Well doh! If you uninstalled the game - hence deleting the folder - then reinstalled from scratch; well, you have to re-auth the CD-KEY because obviously when you uninstalled/reinstalled the game, you deleted the CD-KEY auth file that was previously created.