Intel« 82845G Graphics Card - OMG it works

SunofVich

I got the game christmas day. And I asked Intel about my card and they said it does'nt have vertex shader of any kind. Well I decided to install it anyways and hope for some stroke of luck that it will work.

Its pretty bad when a company does'nt know jack about there own products cuz this game works on my card.

It only crashed on my twice so far. once when I decided to exit my CC then I downloaded the patch. and started the tutorial and it crashed on me when I tried to dock to my CC in a fighter.

No matter this game is pure AWESOMENESS. And will make me loose sleep.

can't wait to send a ground attack.

[ 12-28-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by SunofVich:

I got the game christmas day. And I asked Intel about my card and they said it does'nt have vertex shader of any kind. Well I decided to install it anyways and hope for some stroke of luck that it will work.

Its pretty bad when a company does'nt know jack about there own products cuz this game works on my card.

It only crashed on my twice so far. once when I decided to exit my CC then I downloaded the patch. and started the tutorial and it crashed on me when I tried to dock to my CC in a fighter.

No matter this game is pure AWESOMENESS. And will make me loose sleep.

can't wait to send a ground attack.

Your system is inadequate for running the game.

1. The [budget] 82845G graphics chipset family do not have a pixel shader. They only have vertex shader 1.0
  2. UC does not require a pixel shader; only vertex shader 1.1
  3. If UC does not find a pixel shader, then pixel shader fx will fallback to the [legacy] fx from BCM Gold.
  4. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to run the game properly on your rig.
  5. This is all in the FAQ

What is the Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller?

Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller - Top Technical Issues

About the Intel 845G chipset

How is it inadequate? The game runs fine.

the reason it crashed the first time is probably becuase it was the 1.0 version.

The reason it crashed the second time was because I hit alt+d fast and probably bumped the Winkey.

Other then that I've had no problems running the game it runs smooth no slowdowns.

Now i'm off to finish the tutorial.

If I had to spend some money on something on my computer should it be graphics card or memory? I don't have enough money to do both right now. Unless I get some cheap card like Radeon 9000

Reasone I ask is becuase sure the game ran fine in space but on the the ground...eeeeek. So you were right I was wrong (i'm gonna find myself saying that a lot am I.)