Video Probs after patch.

jjulian79

Ok, I'll try this again lol.

I bought the game, had a prob with CTD when using TradCon. after READING the forum, found that patch had fixed said prob. Patched to 2.0 then to the .19 as per the Patch thread. Had MASSIVE screen flicker on bottom half in first menu screen and in game. uninstalled and wiped Dirs and reinstalled and patched. Same prob. reinstalled and patched only the 2.0 (First patch avail.) and screen is fine. using this patch untill I find out what the problem is. any ideas????

Well, then try some older ones. Newer does not usually mean better. I am running at 61.77 drivers and the game is nearly O.K. (the jumpaget flickers).

Guest sycojimmy

yea vid driver issue....nvidia doesn't seem to like this game very much in my experience...."regardless" of reg DirectX 9.0 - 9.0c.....i have to run drivers for my geforce4 4400 series with a the ooooooooold 43.45 drivers GHA !!...due to the new drivers won't even load the game ...it hangs right before main menu....but i guess if you got a card like mine...go with the drivers that support that card the best...eg kinda like the time frame it came out...unless you got a FX card then i dunno but the directx is not the prob....

Guest sycojimmy

lol how? i seen no option but here my specs for ref i guess

1.2 thunderbird..."yea its bad but my xp took a dump"

768mb sdram "133"

geforce4 ti 4400 128mb

1 80gig 7200

1 40gig 5400

43.45 vid drivers

directx 9.0b

guess i need to throw up a webpage for a spec profile?...errr or is ther some other way?

FYI The current Nvidia drivers are 66.93, I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and the only problems I have had are the jumpgate flicker and the sky/ocean shader quirkiness. I wonder if it could be an issue with the AGP chipset drivers, according to your profile you have a VIA mobo so go here. They just release a new set of 4in1 drivers back in November.

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Julian:

Just checked and that is the drivers im using as well. I also d/led the new VIA drivers last month. I dont know what it is if Remo is using them too????

No I'm not using them I'm using the OEM VIA driver included with XP Pro.

I had the same problem, however, with much screwing around, and reinstalling and trying different things I got it to work.

Description of symtoms:

Menu and Game (in space and on ground) flickers really bad w/ v. 2.020

(I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4200)

This would occur using w/ DirectX 9.0c and the Nvidia driver version 66.93, and properly patching the UC to the 2.0.20 version.

As I never have any luck finding earlier versions of drivers, I tried that beta drivers from nVidia, and those seem to work fine, the flicker stops.

I'm using the nVidia Beta drivers version 67.66.

Now my only problem is I'm having some redraw issues, mostly with menus (for example the config menu or choosing the roam mode, when selecting your character stuff, the 'arrows' disappear and some of the buttons, but if you mouse over them they some times reappear.. it's annoying but still functional.

*edit* corrected spelling

• 2 weeks later...

I had weird flickering in AO and EO right about the time I upgraded to DX 9.0b. Since that's the only common denominator, since its happening with both Nvidia and ATI cards, I'd think there be the problem.

MS and their programmers are out to get us.

quote:

Originally posted by CrazyIvanMN:

I had the same problem, however, with much screwing around, and reinstalling and trying different things I got it to work.

Description of symtoms:

Menu and Game (in space and on ground) flickers really bad w/ v. 2.020

(I have a Nvidia Geforce 4 Ti4200)

This would occur using w/ DirectX 9.0c and the Nvidia driver version 66.93, and properly patching the UC to the 2.0.20 version.

As I never have any luck finding earlier versions of drivers, I tried that beta drivers from nVidia, and those seem to work fine, the flicker stops.

I'm using the nVidia Beta drivers version 67.66.

Now my only problem is I'm having some redraw issues, mostly with menus (for example the config menu or choosing the roam mode, when selecting your character stuff, the 'arrows' disappear and some of the buttons, but if you mouse over them they some times reappear.. it's annoying but still functional.

*edit* corrected spelling

Using my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with the beta drivers worked! Thanks for your contribution.