Problem entering CD-KEY on foreign keyboard

Rael

when you are prompted to enter your key at the start, the keyboard layout used seems to be an US one. the minus key is nowhere to be found on my german layout. i have tried good as every shift, ctrl, alt combination with the keys, no luck. is there a solution for this? maybe hand-creating the key.ini file?

[ 03-31-2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

Surely your keyboard comes with a minus key? Take a look at the layout pictured here. It should be next to the right-shift key. If your Windows is set to use the standard QWERTY-layout despite your keyboards physical layout however, then maybe you could try pressing the 'ß / ?' key near the Backspace key.

Sry for double post.. can't seem to edit.

Anyways, after reading SC's explanation on the key thing, i probably can't do it that way, since the game needs to authenticate it. Any ideas? I already tried changing the keyboard layout in windows. perhaps in UC?

ALL keyboards have a minus key. This has nothing to do with languages. If you press the minus key on any kind of keyboard, it sends the same scan code.

If this was the case, other foreign players (including Germans), would be having the same problem as you.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

I did it!

Originally, the keycode screen would only accept a few of my keys, no matter what they were actually mapped.. even tho it already seemed to be a foreign mapping. I set an US scheme under Language-> key settings and voilà .. it was the ß key. I'm happy.