I need help

ddlandini

Listen folks, I posted here last night looking for help and all I get is "link your system information to your profile" and "read the topic related to your problem". I am a sorry I didn't link my system info to my profile, I am not real sure how I am to accomplish that anyway. I included my dxdiag.txt file to provide that information as I knew it would be important. Now I see that my post was deleted and I am no further along than I was last night. I have tried all that is in the post regarding having a debugger running. Bottom line, I have no debugger running and this is starting to make me angry. Please help and quit assuming I am some noob at this, I have a great deal of experience in gaming just not much on these forums. Thank you in advance.

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

Hi there Darrel. Welcome to the game and the forums. The reason people ask you to put a link to your system profile in your signature is because it enables them to help you more efficient. A quick glance at ones system's specifications and setup can help a lot when trying to pin down a problem. If you're unsure how to put the link in your signature, please read this topic, wich explains the process step by step.

Now, as for your problem regarding the game. I did not read your original post, but I'm inferring you are running into a 'Debugger detected' dialog box. There are acutally two versions of this message. Click here to look up wich one you're getting. Not only traditional debugger software like SoftIce etc. causes this message. CD-burning programs that create virtual drives can be the culprit as well. (Among others). I'm guessing someone already pointed you to this thread, in wich various causes and solutions are given. Please read it again carefully and tell us if your problems is being caused by anything like the things stated.

I have finally figured out how to post my system profile info and have done so. I am getting the error which is not safedisc related. I got this error with a fresh install as well as with each patch (2.00.00 and 2.00.28?). I have no disk image software installed, no debugger that I can find. I tried a clean boot (disabled system.ini, win.ini and all but MS services on boot) to no avail. I have tried running the game in Win 98 compatability mode. I have installed all the latest drivers for my system and uninstalled DivX. I am at a complete loss here.

OK.....something you have installed is causing this problem.

Go to the 'control panel' : 'add or remove programs' and check every entry.

Write every one down and check it against software you have installed.

If you have Nero 6 installed,dump it temporarily.

edit: plus double check the previous post.

Cmdr,

I have read the post you refer to and I do NOT have image drive enabled. I fail to see what having Nero 6 installed on my system has to do with this game, but I will uninstall it just to see if it makes a difference. BTW Cmdr, can you assume for a moment that I actually have read this forum. I have spent nearly 8 hours at this point trying to figure this out and I don't need condescending attitudes. I am sorry I didn't figure out how to work this forum better from the start but my main concern was fixing the problem at hand and I have not, to this point, found the answers I need anywhere on this forum.

Not exactly sure who you are refering to but : Sorry,didn't think I was being condescending.

Experiment.Dump nero.Try the game.Reinstall nero,using 'expert' install.

Just trying to help out.

Edit: And no,I'm not on the payrole, just an enthusiast.

[ 04-08-2005, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Cc ]

Guest Arthur_Dent1976

Hi Darrel,

The latest version of Nero can cause your game to display an error message, whether ImageDrive is enabled or not. I recently found this out when I bought the Ultra edition. Temporarily uninstalling it made the game run just fine.

I'm unsure wich part of Nero wich or service actually causes this. I'll probably look into it soon, as I hate having to uninstall one piece of software for another to run. (And to be honest, it hurts my pride - makes me feel like a noob ) Oh, just some side information: a stripped-down verion of the Nero software, wich came with my machine, did not cause this error.