Problem with probes...

Well, this seems to be the only relevant forum to the original UC so I figure I'll ask here...

Anyways, I'm having troubles with probes... As in... I can't launch them for some reason...

I have the latest(and final) patch and everything else works fine... But I can launch the damn probes no matter what I've tried!

They're there, I can see them, I can transfer them to my shuttles and sell them off but I CAN'T LAUNCH THEM!

I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden, but even in new games I still can't launch them.

If anyone has a fix for this or knows something I don't and can help me out, I would be VERY VERY grateful.

Thanks in advance,

M

Heh, I know that...

I've been playing UC since '04, if I didn't know that... I'd be pretty upset with myself.

That's what I meant by they're there, they are all loaded up and ready to go... But when I click and select launch in Tacops, nothing.

quote:

Originally posted by mysticshadow:

Heh, I know that...

I've been playing UC since '04, if I didn't know that... I'd be pretty upset with myself.

That's what I meant by they're there, they are all loaded up and ready to go... But when I click and select launch in Tacops, nothing.

Are you trying to launch them during Hyperspace transition?

Another question for ya...

How could I possibly know that you have been playing UC since 2004? Your registration date shows May 2007. Therefore you appear to be a noob

quote:

Well, this seems to be the only relevant forum to the original UC so I figure I'll ask here...

Anyways, I'm having troubles with probes... As in... I can't launch them for some reason...

I have the latest(and final) patch and everything else works fine... But I can launch the damn probes no matter what I've tried!

They're there, I can see them, I can transfer them to my shuttles and sell them off but I CAN'T LAUNCH THEM!

I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden, but even in new games I still can't launch them.

If anyone has a fix for this or knows something I don't and can help me out, I would be VERY VERY grateful.

Thanks in advance,

M

If you can transfer them to your shuttle, it means that you have them in your ships Cargo Hold, and not loaded. You need to go to Tactical, Loadout, CC (Command Craft) and load Probes in before you can fire them.

You either already launched all your existing probes, or somehow unloaded them from the launcher and into your Cargo Hold.

No no, I was stating that they do exist when I said I could transfer them to my Shuttle.

They are loaded and ready to be launched from the CC via Tacops.

The squares are lit light green.

I never had this problem before I updated to the newest patch.

quote:

No no, I was stating that they do exist when I said I could transfer them to my Shuttle.

They are loaded and ready to be launched from the CC via Tacops.

The squares are lit light green.

I never had this problem before I updated to the newest patch.

You aren't trying to launch them with the Hyperdrive engaged, are you?