UC Gold - ship speeds and other things

mevose

Just bought UCG yesterday. That's about as high as I can go until I upgrade a couple of things. I find it to be just as enjoyable as BCM, though there are a few things I haven't been able to figure out, even with the manual right in front of me.

First, the speed of my ship is a lot slower than it was in BCM. My ship of choice is the Megaron, but it's top speed in UCG seems to be about a third of what it is in BCM. Is this part of the game's design, or have I missed something, somewhere?

Second, in BCM, you can switch between Nav and Tac modes on the display simply by clicking on the word. That doesn't seem to work in UC, so if it can be done, then how?

And lastly, those little boxes that display some ship information. (Type of ship and distance.) Is there a way to get rid of 'em? Sometimes there are so many of 'em cluttering up the display that I can't even see what I'm supposed to be shooting at, let alone actually doing any shooting.

All in all, a very satisfying way to kill an hour or twelve (OK, twelve. ). Some of the control changes are taking a little getting used to, but that's part of the fun. (although the first time I pressed SHIFT +E and nothing happened, I admit to panicking just a little - like right into the ground. Oh, well.

Well, I'll speak about my own experience, with UC:AWA and UC:SE (oh, and BCM).

The speed of every space asset has been significantly reduced from BCM to UC:AWA (What? why is that Firestorm crawling at like 161 m/s?!) I guess that's your issue. Dont know if vehicle speeds have also been reduced.

As for the NAV/TAC modes, you should take a look in the manual, it's likely to be there.

If these boxes are annoying you, open up the RTM, in the VDD. Then, filter what you'd like to be shown on your TRS and your TDD.

quote:

Well, I'll speak about my own experience, with UC:AWA and UC:SE (oh, and BCM).

The speed of every space asset has been significantly reduced from BCM to UC:AWA (What? why is that Firestorm crawling at like 161 m/s?!) I guess that's your issue. Dont know if vehicle speeds have also been reduced.

Not an issue, just wanted to know if that was the way it was supposed to be.

quote:

As for the NAV/TAC modes, you should take a look in the manual, it's likely to be there.

Haven't been able to find it yet. Asking for help is a last resort, when I've run into something I jsut can't find or figure out.

quote:

If these boxes are annoying you, open up the RTM, in the VDD. Then, filter what you'd like to be shown on your TRS and your TDD.

Slap me and call me stupid!! I'd completely forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

I've been playing with BCM for some time now - to the occasional annoyance of my wife. Now I have two games she can be annoyed about!

I've been playing UC in Roam mode until I get the hang of some of the control differences, etc. So far, it seems to be more challenging than BC. Which is cool since I'm always up for a good challenge.