A simple request

JCMan

A simple request for testers with GBS-III....

Now plz don't kill me for asking.....

Just wondering, because we don't have the GBS-III we cannot edit little minor things. So I was wondering if someone could help me out by making the following items cost nothing (or at least 1 credit due to game constraints): IRIDIUM, PLUTONIUM, RADINE, FLIGHT ENGINEER, SYSTEMS ENGINEER, MEDIC, and MARINE. I know it sounds like cheating, but when in multiplayer you just can't sustain more than several HS jumps, shields, and other things in a ship due to no save and credits being so low. The personel pricings are just so I can have mad marine action on a planet in singleplayer.

BTW, would this be compatible with every patch or would I need a new key for each file? If I need a new key for each file then don't bother until the real patch comes out. I don't want you wasting youre time.

One question for SC: Would it be possible to create a program to make those keys or would that be illegal? If it's possible, then some clues or tips on how the UC program identifies the key would be helpfull. This way you don't need to support the program!

Plz don't shoot me for asking all this cuz it feels wrong asking this for some reason.....

--Edit--

Opps.... forgot these 3 things: OC ASSET, FIGHTER ASSET, and SHUTTLE ASSET. THX!

In RC3 I usually edit my assets.ini file so my craft of choice has storage tanks that come loaded with 9999 units of iridium. Whenever I need money, I just sell some iridium.

This isn't possible in RC4, and wont be in future patches, as the game wont run with any modified files.

Dont ask SC to change this either, I've tried and it's just not going to change.

quote:

Originally posted by JCMan:

edit little minor things. So I was wondering if someone could help me out by making the following items cost nothing (or at least 1 credit due to game constraints): IRIDIUM, PLUTONIUM, RADINE, FLIGHT ENGINEER, SYSTEMS ENGINEER, MEDIC, and MARINE. I know it sounds like cheating,

Yeah if it sounds like cheating, it probably is. Try this, sell some of your spare parts for extra cash. Usually friendly stations will give you free repairs on a lot of things. This way you won't "have to" cheat.

Woah, you moded RC3? Ur lucky then because nothing I do works in any patch ever. I even tried some methods that are best left untold.... Uh-ho, I said too much....no....they are comming....NOOOOO!!! *Gunfire*

Anyway, yea it is cheating in a way. But hey, we all have the right to cheat every once and awhile don't we? No seriously..... It's hard in multiplayer to keep a good cash flow when ur jumping around EVERYWHERE without upgraded engines because you have so many players and you all seek eachothers blood. LAN is verry fun..... And don't even get me started on the personel for singleplayer(Opps...too late...you allready did... ). I love ground combat, only problem is you always lose a few marines. Marines cost alot, and even though you can sell youre spare parts it's still annoying when you just want to *Play* the game and not need to worry about the cash flow. I do *Play the game*, just sometimes I wish I could just pick a fight and not worry about cash for only once.

Now about a key program.... I would like to make one, or at least have GBS-III in a totally "Remember, it never existed" form(I know I shouldn't ask for GBS-III). Is it possible or would SC get mad? Never anger the great SC....he has a mighty finger that can press the delete button of your profile....and you're life....

My point is: If we can make a program of our own then SC does not need to support it, therefore whatever we do to our game we cannot pester him about it becaust it is a third-party tool. I know, I know, SC will say "Watch how many people actually listen to the UNSUPPORTED". But there is no need to respond to somebody who dosen't listen now is there..... In fact, SC's mighty finger of deletion&BAN could take care of that(if he even cared).