Mods: File ASSETS.INI authenticity verification failed

Cobras2

Yes well that's because I modified it Now the question I have is, how do I get the game to start even though I modified the assets.ini? (I modified a copy I put in mods folder, not the original)

Also, is there any infos available at all on mods? I haven't seen any docs or anything on it yet but I am still looking around the site (and the manual, and the docs in the game folders...) the inis look interesting but it doesn't help if it tells me it can't authenticate after I mess around with it ^.^

Any info at all about mods (including whether or not this is actually doable yet) would be greatly appreciated..

you don't.

The testers have made a few mods but they are time consuming to do so not very many are out there.

GBSIII is required and is not slated for release.

I dont think its doable yet, i.e. you need GBS-3, which SC hasn't released yet and doesn't intend to anytime soon.

If you want you can modify BCMG, with GBS II but thats about as much modding as you can do right now. And i still think that it was only released so you can create your own scenarios.

And i dont think this belongs in this forum at all.

hmm.. well.. the whole protecting of INIs by putting encryption and stuff at the top seems really weird to me (and tantalizing.. since so much of it is right there, just can't be changed) but it's true that many games don't allow you to mod them so I don't see why it's particularly surprising that this one doesn't either. I just thought that since all the info on the assets and stuff was sitting right there in the game folder, and looked (on the outside, altho I'm sure it's not really) fairly simple, I thought that meant it could be modified (like Freelancer's INIs, for instance - of course Freelancer was a very simple game, but it had much data just sitting there in INI files) anyway, I'm a little disappointed that the system is closed up so I can't tinker with it (since I love tinkering with things), but mainly only cuz it looked like I would be able to.

Thanks for the info.

I will probably continue to try to mess around but since I now know I shouldn't expect any help from these forums, I won't bother asking