BCM ACM for UC

Guest Shingen

Guest Shingen

Has anyone ever adapted the BCM campaign (ACM missions) for UC yet? I think it would be kewl to play those old missions again in UC.

I'm part way through it, haven't touched it for some weeks now.

I'm not just doing a straight conversion but adding:

more scripted attackers,

more time for each mission (in an attempt to give you time to get your crews AI up)

some extra missions (planned)

adding back the original TOD4

plugging all the loopholes I can think of

I may take another look at it later this week.

Think I finished TOD1 and part of TOD2 but have an extra event I scripted not working correctly.

quote:

Originally posted by Pugwash:

I'm not just doing a straight conversion but adding:

Adding ANYTHING to the original script, means that it is NOT the original ACM scenario. A straight conversion is a matter of checking the start regions, locations, script logic etc as well as check for any/all cargo item manipulations (since the ITEMS.INI indices are different) without pissing around with (by adding stuff to it) my original script.

You should have ported the original before you starting pissing around with it further.

• 1 month later...

I converted these ACMs a while back but never got around to actually playing them.

Still have the extreme edition to finish.

They can be considered work in progress as they have not been played/tested so if they cause a CTD or there "seems" to be an error in the logic please report it here and I'll correct them.

The original ACM in full The Future is now-Redux

Insurgent Script Rendition

N.B. in this script you don't have to worry to much abut completing the missions in the time or in the correct order.

Just incase you want to start a ROAM script as TER/MIL/Megaron/Earthz with the all the Artifacts, upgrades, extra missiles and fuel onboard

N.B. AG does not start for 360 minutes.

This Artifact script was for testing from this thread but can be played as a stand alone.

For the n00bs or those who have never added a script to UC just download the file and place it without unzipping it into the mods directory

i.e. C:Program FilesDreamCatcher3000ADUniversal Combatmods

if your installed to the default.

[ 07-18-2004, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Guest Shingen

quote:

They can be considered work in progress as they have not been played/tested

Actually, they have been played and tested... last I knew, the game crashed at TOD2m1. Syntax error?

quote:

Originally posted by Shingen:

last I knew, the game crashed at TOD2m1. Syntax error?

If it was a syntax error, the script would not have compiled.

Also, Pugwash your script distribution is confusing.

First of all, please remove the sources from the scripts because the public does not have access to GBS-III.

Second, I would rather that the script not be split up please. So remove all those other standalone TOD scripts and just distribute the single script as I originally created it.

The main reason I include the source in my distributions is so that I don't loose them and always know what code the release is based on.

File in question have all been deleted or replaced with files without the source.

For those of you who really need to view the original source code its available in the BC3K GBS-1 package that can be downloaded off the product download page

quote:

The main reason I include the source in my distributions is so that I don't loose them and always know what code the release is based on.

Surely you could archive them on your end?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Surely you could archive them on your end?

I'm not as organised as you.

I tend to script on any one of 5 PCs or even a laptop so the files sometimes get out of sync,

to prevent that I just download the version off the server and work on that one.

I don't get a CTD at the start of TOD2M1 it could be caused by the interaction between the script and AG events.

It's difficult to track down errors like that as I can't run the game in debug or even with logging.

I did come across a logic error in TOD2M2 that makes it impossible to complete but you only get penalised 250 points.

Hi Pugwash,

Just wanted to add my thanks for doing this work as well. Nice to play a different 'campaign'. I would really like to create a whole new storyline campaign myself but time is precious and I can only code so many things at a time!

Anyhow, thanks again.. Let us know of any additions or changes you do so we can update as needed!

• 7 years later...