"U" Parameter in Objdfs.scr

Asso

I was looking for differences between Ground Assets, so I opened Objdefs to see the vehicles specs. I noticed that in the final part of the asset definition there is, between parentheses, a part that i presume indicate the allowed types of movement for the unit. Vehicles of GV1 and GV3 class have "(TYVENUW)", while GV2 ones have "(TYVENW)". So there's a "U" in Tanks and APCs but not in Buggies and similar. In the comments "U" stands for: "can maneuver while on seabed (otherwise will not be able to move)". Then I tried in game and saw that all veichles can maneuver underwater. Why then put that parameter? Is this being implemented? Or has it another function?

I made some compliments to SC, don't know if he had read them before the deletion of my post. If not, well, thank you for the great Game and for being one Game Designer that makes games because he wants to play them. Bravo!

quote:

Originally posted by Asso:

Why then put that parameter?

....and this is relevant to you because?

The release of GBS-III is for those who choose to use it for whatever reason. Obviously you're not using it, so please don't clutter the boards; you've already had one thread deleted. This will be the second thread to be deleted later today.

Sorry, then. I was just curious about differences between GV classes. I was said I posted on the wrong forum, so I thought that here would be more appropriate, since I was quoting from that file. I promise I'll think twice before posting next time.