Epsilon 5 - Yet another controversy

Supreme Cmdr

I have been discussing Epsilon 5's comments with some trusted members and I have yet to arrive at a conclusion.

Nevertheless, this is an IRC log of last evening's dialog. Draw your own conclusions.

My patience for this particular individual has run thin, and others have privately expressed the same opinion. His past and recent actions amount to nothing short of treason (keeping within the premise of the community of course). And being French Canadian has nothing to do with it either.

As such, age and/or language and perception shouldn't play any part in this tomfoolery.

Be advised, I am going to be setting the IRC channel to invite only, sometime soon. Unless you are invited by myself or a tester/mod/admin in this forum, you won't be able to enter that channel.

Also, if you are invited to the channel, you MUST use the same alias that you use in this forum. Otherwise you will be kicked from the channel and banned. This is for the security of the channel and to ensure that no undesirables are able to access that channel.

All questions can be posted here or a message sent to [email protected]

Well, I have an opinion.

EP5 has been banned from the forums before for having posted some stupid remarks. Now he is posting some other stupid remarks which he calls his opinions (well, that those are his opinions is a given, can't argue there). However, he is complaining of the forums being empty, I don't understand that part. The forums of every game are full before the release, bursting after, and then thin out to those who are fans after the game has been out for a while. Name any game, same story. It will be the same thing when other titles will be released with the exception of BCG since that one will be online only and will most likely have all kinds of different threads (contracts, news, negotiations ect..)

Other thing, is EP5 agreeing with the people who said that the game is unfinished, or some other games are unfinished. While it's a complete lie if it pertains to BCM, it's the truth for the other games. In pertaining to BCM it plainly said on the box that MP is not included, it shipped with everything advertised on the box, and MP is still coming, (those who are complaining about it being 6 months, take a look at Civilization 3, a huge company with millions of dollars to spend, and MP is released almoust a year and a half later). As for other games being unfinished, there is no set release date for those games, they are being worked on, and that's that. Who are they to tell you how to do your business, to work on one game, or work on 2, 3, or 7 games at a time? They are not your boss, nor are they giving you a loan to develop those products, so how you spend your time and money is up to you. However, EP5 being a long member of this comunity I would expect him to say the same thing to them, instead he basically said that they are right (again, his opinion).

So, in conclusion, he can talk about BC games all he wants, and obviously those are his opinions, however, with actions done responsibility follows. He was responsible for agreeing with those trolls, but all he agreed with is the game BCM or other (I haven't figured out which they were talking about) being incomplete, and not many people as he would like post in BC forum. So with those things, I don't think they are big enough to warrant a ban. However, in my eyes he is a liability, because when some trolls start really bad mouthing BC, I don't know if EP5 will agree with them (and him being a member of this comunity is like that "rat boy" who joined taliban), or tell them to shove their lies where the sun don't shine.

All good points.

As I said before, people should have their opinions and are more than free to disagree with me as they see fit. As long as they voice their opinions responsibly and not try to also speak for others while they are at it - NOR - disrespect me or other community members in any shape or form.

The reason that this causes concern is because, like it or not, any BC gamer is a representative of this community and the games it represents. As such, cohorting with known trolls, detractors etc is a reflection on this community as a whole and that is exactly why you see something like this going on.

That thread contains EVERY SINGLE known troll/detractor (for those of you new to this, Bruce is Shirley's new online alias) - including chief Net stalker Huffman himself. And as soon as one starts cohorting with them, there becomes an implied breach.

Call me crazy, but I've been around long enough to know what the heck is going on. It is quite simple: you're either in or out.

I think Epsilon 5 is just plain irresponsible; and I've told him this already. Must be his age. Dunno. But given the slants in the opinions I have about whether to ban him or not, I think that I'll just setup a poll and go by the results....which of course I still have veto rights to. In fact, now that we have polling, this is the method we are going to be using to eject recognized community members who have been around for a year or more.

These idiots are NOT nice people in ANY shape or form. At all. Its one thing to libel and slander, say, Bill Gates, but you won't see his associates cohorting with any such undesirable.

I'm over the whole libel thing because, quite frankly, as I've been told over and over again (and by peers), it should be a compliment to me. I dunno, but since I haven't responded to Usenet trolls in so many months, I don't even think this is a concern. And when I post on forums (to trolls) its usually in a take-no-prisioners search & destroy or hit and run manner. It gets them everytime and leaves them dazzled, fazed, confused and EMPTY. No point in needless protracted engagement.

[ 07-23-2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I just spent some time looking around some web sites looking for the infamous BC trolls!!

I wish I didn't look, because I found some of the most ugliest post I have ever read...ALL of them had ppl battling over who has or hasn't got a life...I feel sorry SC has to deal with these insignificant smeg heads!!