BC chat channel on IRC

Supreme Cmdr

Today I created a new permanent chat channel on IRC. Later today I will be installing a Java hack for UBB so that the chat channel is accessible from within the forum and can also display who is in the chat room etc.

Until then, you can IRC to gamesnet.net and login to the #battlecruiser room.

If you don't have an IRC client, you can either download a full blown Mirc or the simpler JPilot Java applet for your browser.

If you see me in the room, it doesn't mean I'm there. So, expect your messages to be ignored.

cool, even more BC for us fans

u tryin to make a cult SC? our numbers will grow into the millions and then ur gonna make us bring down the economy cause we stop buying anything not BC related

Be advised, I am going to be setting the IRC channel to invite only, sometime soon. Unless you are invited by myself or a tester/mod/admin in this forum, you won't be able to enter that channel.

Also, if you are invited to the channel, you MUST use the same alias that you use in this forum. Otherwise you will be kicked from the channel and banned. This is for the security of the channel and to ensure that no undesirables are able to access that channel.

All questions can be posted here or a message sent to [email protected]

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

You never said we couldn't repeat... I was helping Krelian on a highlight thing and one of my hosts got auto banned....

Elenkis must have set that option in Chanserv. I had nothing to do with it. I looked at the logs and noticed what you were doing to cause it.

Anyway, I have cleared it now.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

If you got an error like "connection refused", you should use one of the servers of the server list instead of just gamesnet.net.

For example, use IRC.EU.GamesNET.net if you happen to live somewhere in Europe...

Best regards.

[ 08-16-2002, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Gudihl ]

• 4 weeks later...

Make your mark! Be part of the #battlecruiser channel stats !

No really, we need more people. the stats just started, so much stuff is missing, but eventualy with enough activity and time, we'd have something like this

To get the channel stats addy (if ever you lose it) type @stats. Note that the link is in the topic.

[ 09-11-2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

H3h3, Ep5. Taking my logbot idea. (From the chatrooms I use for a clan I webmaster for. irc.webchat.org, #coldwinds,#arcticwinds,#fgofa.)

Man, my logbot's been an ongoing scripting project that I've started (in March), given up, picked back up, left idle, worked on, and left alone for a while, only to do some tweaking to it a couple days ago.

Yeah, and I'm using the nick "mtigas" in chat. Sorta tired of using an alias everywhere I go. Not like it really matters.

Anyway, I'll try to be active in the chat. In the clansite that I worked on, after I set up and advertised chat, the chat became a lot more active than the boards. I don't expect that to happen here, but I'd love to see some good traffic; today was a pretty good day in those respects.

l8r.

(I've outgrown the ol' "Over and out" phrase. )

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

E5, I just saw a post by Gudhil

Did you ask his permission to spam all people who arrive in the channel?"

I NEVER gave you permission to do that. Please change it or I'm going to have to eject your bot from the channel.

LOL! We're you spammed when you got on the channel?

No.

That's because I already changed it

• 2 weeks later...

After much reflexion, I decided to NOT put the logs public, although someone might want me to extract some part of the chat log, but it has to be specific, and justified.

The stats got a facelift!

... and HORROR I'm not the most talkative one and by far!

I'll be registering mIRCstats within a week, this will add up more goodies to show, such as personal user stats, smoothed activity graphs... etc.

CONGRATULATIONS to dsmart to have the smallest line count. He popped in, said something, and immediately left, without allowing anytime for people to reply.

code:

[20:10] *** dsmart ([email protected]) has joined #battlecruiser

[20:10] *** ChanServ sets mode: +o dsmart

[20:11] <dsmart> whoa!! long time since I was here. What you ladies up to?

[20:12] *** dsmart ([email protected]) Quit (Derek Smart has departed)

[20:13] <JaxFox> not much

[ 09-25-2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Derek, could you at least leave some time for me to reply in the chat .. I just saw you and couldn't reply and you we're gone

I was chatting on another server (jumpgate test pilot channel) ... I would have replied given enough time ... still waiting for the jumpgate test server to get back up *g*