BC chat channel on IRC

Supreme Cmdr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not fixed.

BTW - I would like to become an op in the channel. My reason? people (like TheBunny) get banned by elenkis(bot) for doing stupid things (such as repeating ROFL 4 times over), and I'm the one that's there the most. Elenkis takes between 12 and 36 hours to reply, and pugwash between 6 and 18 hours (usually). I'm there most of the time ...

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

Still not fixed.

I probably didn't upload the file to the server. Done that now.

quote:

BTW - I would like to become an op in the channel. My reason? people (like TheBunny) get banned by elenkis(bot) for doing stupid things (such as repeating ROFL 4 times over), and I'm the one that's there the most. Elenkis takes between 12 and 36 hours to reply, and pugwash between 6 and 18 hours (usually). I'm there most of the time ...

uhm, sorry but I can't allow that. Positions like that are only entrusted to either devs, admins or official beta testers. I don't see your name in those lists, do you?

If someone gets banned for doing stupid things, thats their problem. They can bloody well wait until an op comes along and unbans them.

[ 11-28-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Kiran:

Is anyone actually ever there? I've dropped by a couple of times and either no one's been there or no one's paying attention to it.

Yes, I was there but I replied 2 mins after you went away. I usually play all the time and it takes me some time to notice that there are people.

quote:

* Epsilon_5 slaps CruisIn around a bit with a large trout
color=purple>

Question - sorry I'm new to IRC but how did you manage that on the IRC server I saw the message and it made me laugh but I am lost about how you actually did it

Sorry I'm an IRC noob

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I used to be there regular, more regular than elenkis and pugwash...you can auto-op me Derek.

Sure thing. Next time you are there, send me email and I'll pop-in an auto-op you. Or if you catch Elenkis, Pugwash or one of the other ops there, ask them to op you (tel them I said so).

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Still not fixed.

people (like TheBunny) get banned by elenkis(bot) for doing stupid things (such as repeating ROFL 4 times over)

That wouldent happen if you didnt make jokes that are that funny. Really, it took me 2 minutes to find out I was banned because after the last ROFL i fell onto the floor and had to immediately slam my head into a large metal object to stop laughing!