Profile Avatars

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Avatar list is: Custom. If you click on that it tries to download a (Forum Name).gif.

Looks like personalised Avatars may be a possibility if bandwidth is available and someone (Not SC he far tooo busy) has time to sort it out.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Perhaps you could change the default to a small transparent gif file. (I'm guessing this because blank.gif probably means a blank gif file.......)

Browsing the forums and seeing tons of smurfs is pretty amusing, but.... I think it's best to make it optional. Only IMO, of course.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

No. If someone doesn't want the default Smurf avatar, they can pick from a choice of 26. Simple I think.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

*sigh* I thought I could get rid of it... That was one thing I liked with those forums... no little annoying image... will there be a way to get rid of the avatar?

Or enter a custom url for a av?

BTW I noticed each time I go and modify my profile I must re-enter my CD-key... is it normal?

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

If its going to make you quit your whinning, I'll just create a blank transparent GIF as Nova suggested.

As for having a custom URL. Read my other post in the thread.

The CDKEY is not a mandatory field and should have NOTHING in it. So, I dunno why you are being prompted.

quote:

Originally posted by Oban:

I cant seem to view them all in my profile update, some are just blank boxes.

Just figured i'd let you know.

Cheers

You probably can't. I guess thats why I made the files available for download?

sheesh

quote:

Originally posted by Charles Lindsey:

I chose avatar 4 but it's dead. In the downloaded folder it is avatar04.gif. But right click the dead pic and it is listed as avatar4.gif.

Bet 1 - 3, 5 - 9 are the same way. The double digit avatars (IE avatar14.gif) seem to be working fine.

Fixed.

I guess who ever wrote the damn hack doesn't realize that in computer terms, single digits would normally be preceeded with a zero (0) for proper sorting. So, the geek that I am, named them with double digits. What was I thinking.

quote:

Originally posted by Guardian452:

Alrighty now...is anyone working on the Fleet/Battlegroup Insignia avatars? I know you can put similar in your sig, but I think it would be cool to see Orion-Tsunami, Orion-Deterrence etc etc as Avatars.

Brilliant idea!!

Avatars should be in GIF format at 48x48 pixels and 256 colors. I can upload fleet insignia avatars to the server and fleets can use them. If someone who is not in a fleet uses them, an admin can just go in and remove it if the person (after being warned), does not.

quote:

Originally posted by Tim:

In the Avatar list is: Custom. If you click on that it tries to download a (Forum Name).gif.

Looks like personalised Avatars may be a possibility if bandwidth is available and someone (Not SC he far tooo busy) has time to sort it out.

I use a custom avatar which cannot be used by anyone else. In order to use a custom avatar, the filename should match your PDN (Publicly Displayed Name). This is why only I can use the Supreme_Cmdr.GIF avatar image.

quote:

Originally posted by Skeletun:

Yup Yup..These Avatars are great!! Easy to use to..I would say Noob proof, butchaneverknow.

I picked out like 88 of them, but the UBB hack only allows up to 26. Once I figure out what is going on, I'll sort it out and more will become available.

quote:

I can upload fleet insignia avatars to the server and fleets can use them. If someone who is not in a fleet uses them, an admin can just go in and remove it if the person (after being warned), does not.

I'm game for that!

Pardon my stupidity but-- how would I put in my own custom avatar w/o uploading it?

quote:

I use a custom avatar which cannot be used by anyone else. In order to use a custom avatar, the filename should match your PDN (Publicly Displayed Name). This is why only I can use the Supreme_Cmdr.GIF avatar image.

Im not entirely sure where exactly i put in the filename.

Nevermind it seems I MUST upload it

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Carl Burning ]

quote:

Originally posted by insecttoid3:

at least you didnt choose this avatar for the default SC:

it could get mighty disturbing scanning through the forums and seeing it everywhere

hey! I kinda like that one!! I think I might use it.