UBB forum upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

Tx fer the IP data SC ... now to the other site

You have admin access to the site I believe, go to Control Panel/Members/View-Edit Member Records and search for 'herbert' login name, then you click on his profile to see his IP address and other details.

In fact, I'm not going to ban him. I've locked the profile so it cannot be changed. Anytime he shows up here, as long as the cookie is set, that login name will show up in the recent visitors list.

[ 01-29-2002, 07:59: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Has:

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

[QB]woohoo!! I just busted Herbert (aka Shirley aka Fabio etc etc).QB]

LOL! Have a feeling you┬┤ve been waiting for this for a long time.

Man, you have NO clue how annoying that bastard is. In fact, he's one dumb ass. All he had to do was go into his profile and disable his login name from showing up on the recent visitors list. Then, I would've had to look at the actual logs in order to find him. I guess, seeing his login name in full view, at the top of the site page, didn't strike him as odd.

Last night, I wrote a script which parses the login log files for IP, email and alias matches. His cohort, Bill Huffman, was also here yesterday. But since he is not registered to post, he appeared as a guest, but I matched his IP address to his Usenet IP and the domain mask for his ISP.

So, you have to ask yourself: WHY do they even come HERE?!? Think about that.

[ 01-29-2002, 07:58: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Masefield:

BTW, should people be warned to erase their CD keys from their public profiles? I noticed them showing up in a few instances.

I dunno why anyone would have their CDKEY in their profile. Its only there for registration. And each time I approve an application, I remove it. If some dumbass goes and puts it back, allowing Herbert and his friends to pilfer it (like he did Epsilon 5's), then they deserve all the aggravation they get when they can't login to an mp server.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Nova:

Guess my idea from

Dunno about that. This feature is part of the UBB upgrade and not a hack. There is a Who's Online hack which I decided not to use because I already knew that UBB 6.2 would have this feature built in.

A LOT of registered people don't post. And thats simple because people SHOULD only post when it is necessary. In fact, I went in and purged a lot of registered users who never posted, back when you had to be registered to even view the forum. Very soon, I will lock it again and unless you are registered, you won't be able to access the board.

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

c37746.blktn1.nsw.optusnet.com.au

He comes often on the #battlecruiser chan on galaxynet (which I took the pleasure of registering). I got tempted to ban him but the only times he spoke someone was there to have fun with him (Fendi mostly )... and I can kick him if he says something.

Yeah, its him. Him and Fendi are sparing partners No, don't ban him - we'll just keep pounding him wherever he shows up.

Well, this is all very nice. It's such a relief to finally put the collar on him/her/it. He was fighting a losing battle, anyways, attempting to sneak around your site unnoticed, stretching what is said completely around the axle, then posting his "findings" on VE. It was all just a matter of time.

Oh, and a very nice upgrade. It was the first thing I noticed when I got here.

One more question: Do the BC Cmdr's forums also have that kind of security? And if not, could it be implemented?

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

One more question: Do the BC Cmdr's forums also have that kind of security? And if not, could it be implemented?

Dunno. Don't ask here because I have no control over that site. Apart from that site running as if on a GameBoy, I would suspect that they can install a similar hack over there.

quote:

Apart from that site running as if on a GameBoy,

ROFLMAO!! Just spit coke all over my keyboard, thanks SC!!

Your observation is correct and hopefully it will be remedied in the near future...

quote:

Him and Fendi are sparing partners No, don't ban him - we'll just keep pounding him wherever he shows up.

Hehe I think he's started to ignore me recently since I kept on abusing him. But one can only hope for him to start flaming me again. I love flame wars.

[ 01-29-2002, 15:05: Message edited by: Fendi ]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by WeeGee:

EDIT: P.P.S. Oh, forgot to say that I'd be glad to forward you one of the e-mails too.

Yes please

I just realized that the e-mail account was under my parents name. Just warning you, so you don't just pass it off blindly, but its subject is UBB Forum Problem FW:.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

I just realized that the e-mail account was under my parents name. Just warning you, so you don't just pass it off blindly, but its subject is UBB Forum Problem FW:.

Wherever it is you sent it, I don't have it.

quote:

Originally posted by Fendi:

quote:

Him and Fendi are sparing partners No, don't ban him - we'll just keep pounding him wherever he shows up.

Hehe I think he's started to ignore me recently since I kept on abusing him. But one can only hope for him to start flaming me again. I love flame wars.

Remember... THE BOX!

quote:

Sorry I wasn't sure where to send it. Just so you know I sent it to [email protected]. Was this the correct place to send it, or should I have sent it to [email protected] or somewhere else. Sorry 'bout that.

Neither

quote:

ROFLMAO!! Just spit coke all over my keyboard, thanks SC!!

I spilt coke on mine! Luckily, my new Memorex TS1000 is spillproof. I suppose the time had come for me to inadvertantly test that feature.

quote:

quote:

Sorry I wasn't sure where to send it. Just so you know I sent it to [email protected]. Was this the correct place to send it, or should I have sent it to [email protected] or somewhere else. Sorry 'bout that.

Neither

Uhhh... [email protected]?

heh, I'm seeing some pretty warped and funny forum handles, now that we have this feature. I took one look at Hellbringin Mofo and laughed so loud, I woke up the baby.

Can't wait to see those handles on the mp servers; it'll be a riot.

[ 01-30-2002, 16:52: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrn:

Follow the directions linked here
to the letter and you'll be fine[/QB]

Thanks!

UPDATE: I've sent the e-mail. If you plan to send a test message to me, I'm gonna be out of the loop 'till Sunday. Gotta go to a conference. No BCM

[ 01-31-2002, 07:23: Message edited by: Cmdr. WeeGee ]